45|ice and fire

"You stand in the presence of Daenerys Stormborm of House Targaryen, rightful heir to the Iron Throne, rightful Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, The...

"You stand in the presence of Daenerys Stormborm of House Targaryen, rightful heir to the Iron Throne, rightful Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, The Unburnt, The Breaker of Chains." Missandei announces as Jon and Lya walk into the room. The Naath woman looks at Lyanna with a concerned look. The Stark holds the King in the North's hand for a moment. She leans closer, whispering into his ear.

"I will protect you. No matter what." She didn't give Jon long to take in the promise before pulling away and walking towards the dragon glass throne. They had tried to talk about as much as possible on the way to the throne room but it wasn't enough. He expects the guards to stop her but they both nod to her respectfully as she takes her place directly to the right of the Queen who sits on the throne, looking down at him. Tyrion stands a little away to her left, causing Jon to wonder who really made the calls between his sister and the dwarf. He needed to know everything. But for now, he turned to Davos expectantly.

"This is Jon Snow." Davos Seaworth says, Jon stares, waiting for more. "Uh. He's King in the North." Jon looks back to Lya and Daenerys Targaryen. The Stark smiles softly at him, trying not to let out a laugh. Her face calms him, letting him relax in his skin. Looking at her, he feels as though a piece in his life that has been missing for so long was finally there. Lyanna Stark.

"Thank you for traveling so far, My Lords. I hope the seas weren't too rough." Daenerys says, causing Jon's eyes to face her instead. Her smile was feigned but behind it he could see a warmth. If Lyanna trusted him, maybe he could.

"The winds were kind, Your Grace." Jon saw awkwardly, looking to his sister for support.

"Apologies." Davos cuts in. "I have a Flea Bottom accent, I know. But Jon Snow is King in the North, Your Grace. He's not a lord."

"Forgive me..." the Queen starts, waiting for a title to be spoke.

"Your Grace, this is Ser Davos Seaworth." Tyrion says, nodding to the sailor bellow. Lya gives a soft smile, hoping they would both just let it go.

"Forgive me, Ser Davos. I never did receive a formal education, but I could have sworn the last King in the North was Torren Stark who bent the knee to my ancestor Aegon Targaryen in exchange for his life and the lives of the northmen. Torren Stark swore fealty to House Targaryen in perpetuity. But do I have my facts wrong?"

"I wasn't there, Your Grace." Davos shrugs it off, holding his own. He seemed like a smart man, making Lya hope he would know when to shut up.

"No. Of course not. But still, an oath is an oath. In perpetuity means... what does perpetuity mean, Lady Stark?" Daenerys drags Lya into it, making her grind her teeth.

"Forever, Your Grace." Lya says, frowning at her brother who watches the Queen and his sister with caution.

"Forever. So I assume, My Lord, that you're here to bend the knee." Lya looks at Jon desperately. Begging him to put away his pride.