~ After ~

You woke up slowly with a blinding light over you. Once your eyes  focused you saw Natasha sleeping in a chair beside your bed. You knew you were in the hospital but you had no idea why. " Nat.. what happened?" You whispered. She perked up and smiled at you she said she'll be right back and that Tony will explain it to you. She left the room and a few moments later Tony & Steve  came in and sat at the foot of your bed. Tony smiled and said " how'd you sleep sunshine?" This comment made you laugh but as you did you felt a stinging pain in your ribs. They explained to you about The Winter Soldier returning and how they defeated him, Bucky was sent to an avengers associate in a place called Wakanda and that he has been there for 8 months. ' Holy shit I've been in a coma for 8 months.... " You started to tear up and Steve came up to give you a gentle hug. He also told you that Bucky had been asking about you but no one had told him a word, he pretty much assumed that you were dead. A few days went by with showering of flowers and cards from teammates and other friends. Once you were fully recovered from being asleep for so long, you were free to go back to Avengers Tower.

A few weeks after you returned home , you walked past Steve's room as he was packing for a trip. You asked where he was off to but you received no response. " Steve, answer me" you said roughly as you grabbed his shoulder. " You can't go see him Y/N... " he said quietly. You looked back at him with a look of sadness, the love of your life doesn't even know if you're dead or alive, and you can't even see him.. this isn't happening.... You're going no matter what the others say..