Chapter Ten: Hard Advice

Life has been insane lately. Terry disappeared again, for now. I know he isn't finished yet, he never left unfinished business. I agreed to marry FP just four months ago in the throes of our lovemaking. Since then, we have only been arguing. I guess it was unfair of me to ask him to step away from his gang. It's his legacy, after all.

I was lost in my thoughts, pushing my cart down the liquor aisle of the local grocery store. I wasn't paying too much attention when suddenly I hit another cart being pushed by a woman.

"I am so sorry, ma'am. I just wasn't paying any attention." I said frantically.

"Oh honey, you're perfectly fine. No worries." The blonde lady gave me a smug look and began to seem like she was sizing me up. I looked away from her and back to the collection of wine that had distracted me in the first place.

"You know, I've never seen you around here before. You must be that new teacher in town that I keep hearing so much about." She continued, placing her finger on her chin and tilting her head. At this point, I felt like she already knew who I was, but she was trying to coax it out of me.

"Yeah, my name is Helena Monroe." I said, my tone sharp and to the point.

"Oh, you mean Holcomb, right? Ya know, because you're still married and all." She said matter-of-factly.

"Ok lady, I don't know who you are or what your business is with me, but you better state it and move on. I'm not in the mood." My voice was full of venom, now. I felt like she must have been working for Terry.

"Or you'll what? Tell FP on me? Ha! He won't do anything."

"Number one, I can take care of myself. Number two, how do you know FP?"

"I'm Linda. I'm his wife, dummy. Oh wait. You didn't know he was still married, did you? Oops. I guess he forgot to mention that. Well, I'm back and I'm here to stay."

"I'll have you know, he told me all about you. I know you're nothing but a conniving old washed up plastic waste of human tissue. You're a waste of air and a waste of space."

"Oohh you hurt my poor little feelings. Sweetie just face it. You're not bad enough for the likes of FP Jones. You're too sweet and innocent. I could take your life right now and I wouldn't think twice. I can't say that the same goes for you. FP needs a real woman on his side. Not some little girl that he constantly must protect. He deserves better than that. Move along and let a real woman take care of him. Besides, he still loves me, and you can't come between true love. He will only hurt you. Take some hard advice from a woman who knows. You're nothing to him." 

She smirked and walked away leaving her cart and leaving me with my mouth agape. She already knew who I was and had to have spotted me here or followed me. She didn't run into me for no reason. No, she knew. She has a purpose, and that's to come between FP and I. And it might just work...