The red moon

I wake up feeling fantastic; turning to my side, I see Ashley 'that must be why I voice to my wolf and vampire, 'or it's because it's the red moon tonight,' my vampire says, stretching her limbs out. I laugh 'guessing you want to join the vampires tonight?' i question, already knowing the answer 'of course, I smile. My vampire may be as mean as a bitch, but she is hilarious and cute 'just remember to be careful; wolves can't know who we are, I remind her, knowing I won't have a choice but to give her complete control.

Rolling out of bed i rush to my closet grabbing tight fitted leggings and a leather holster top with sneakers, my vampire nods in happiness "you look smoking" i hear Ashley voice from behind me "thank you" i rush to the curtains to see what time it is but notice it is still light, checking the clock i realize we slept most of the day since it is somehow 5 at night "wow i must have been tired, why didn't you wake me?" i look at her but realise she doesn't know we slept the full time too "you looked tired" i comment not wanting her to know being with her means we slept the full day away. "going somewhere" she asks as i head to the door "its the red moon tonight, so yes i am going somewhere" she looks like she is thinking before she chimes in and i wish she hasnt "i shall join you" i rush over to her pinning her to the bed my vampire in complete control "you will not come, you will not follow, while you maybe the wolfs mate you will never be mine, the red moon is my thing, if you follow you are signing your death wish" i hiss at her, she lays completely still but nods none the less "you can use my room the next two days and nights i won't be home until the morning i leave" she looks at me "we leave, i meant what i said last night, i am coming to." i just nod before jogging out of the room.

"Where do you think you are going" I turn to one of the teachers "a run", I comment, not impressed "it's a red moon soon. It isn't safe; you could land dead" I smile, running towards her "see these" I point to my stomach, showing her the scars on my stomach ", they are from vampires, all of which are dead; I can handle myself" she looks at me in shock "how many?" I look at her in wonder "vampires, I mean, how many have you killed" I smile "a hundred" she nods in shock before heading back to camp. I am not proud of the number I have killed or the fights, but they were attacking a bunch of humans who were mated to the wolfs in the past; they didn't listen when I told them to leave, so I had to shoot.

once I am halfway into the forest, I stretch before allowing my vampire smell out "come to join in?" I hear several vampires speak at once. I nod "it's been a while since I have been around other vampires on a red moon", they bounce. We all stare at the sky, waiting for the right time to head off. The moon has to be in the right spot for us to go. Otherwise, bad things start to happen.

I take off, knowing I have several other vampires following me. I grab a branch, swinging from branch to branch like a monkey. I land up, jumping off on top of a vampire's neck "get off me" they yell. I smile and laugh before taking off as fast as my feet can carry me. I smell them changing ways and heading towards the camp; I sniff out why and realise Ashley is around "fuck sake", I scream, and I start running after them using my werewolf speed and my vampire to catch up and get in front. I land up standing in front of Ashley, arms out so they know they can't attack "thought I told you to stay", she nods, and I notice the scared vibes she is sending off in waves. "she is ours, wolfs know not to come into the woods on a red moon, they know the rules and the consequences" I nod knowing exactly what they mean. When the wolfs and vampires fell out years ago, the head of vampires and werewolves came together and made a rule. On full moons, bolts get to the woods with no threat from vampires, and the vampires call the woods on red moons. if any wolf steps into the woods or any vampire come out of the huts and caves they have in the woods, it is punishable by death. "she is my werewolf mate," I growl, making it known they can't touch her; they bow their heads in understanding "we can't run with you now we are sorry" and faster than lightning they are gone. "thanks a lot." I growl, storming back to camp; I hide my smell at the last moment and head off back to my room.