Ending

Three years later

I pick my daughter up, smiling as she bares her fangs at me "we named our firstborn Rachael". At the same time, during the first year of her life, we thought she was a wolf even with being born at vampire speed. It turns out she is primarily a vampire; she loves to chase around Priscilla and Juliet, our werewolf twins that were born a year after her. I smile as my beautiful wife walks in, heavily pregnant with our first son, while holding our one-year-old daughter  Anika. While we still don't know how I keep getting her pregnant, we do know she is always in heat when it happens. Newlin rushes into the room using her vampire speed.  

Newlin is the only child I have birthed myself, and while she should be the same age as the twins, which is two, she looks sixteen years old. While we didn't know how that was possible since she was aging the same as the twins even though she was a month older than them up until she was five months old, after that, she woke every other week being a different age. We went to a witch to find out why. she asked while I was pregnant if anything weird happened. Other than me having to feed on vampire blood more than I usually would, but I put that down to being a vampire with a wolf mate and needing more blood for the two of us, it turns out she is a full vampire and born vampires age fast up until sixteen then they stop ageing.

"what is it, dear," I ask, playing with Rachael's hair. I know Rachael is jealous that her younger sister aged differently since she is also a vampire, but she forgets that she is like her younger sister and me, a hybrid. At the same time, the twins are full wolves. We are yet to find out what our son is, but by the way, he is taking his sweet time. We are guessing he is a human.

"hunters are at the border", I growl "send out a link to all teenagers, women, and kids. Get them into the basement; I will have our new fighters inside and out; they will lock the doors from the inside, don't come out until I tell you," I tell you to top Ashley. She nods, I put Rachael down, and they rush off "where do you want me?"  Newlin asks. I smile, "you get all the new fighters, 70 outside and 30 inside, strongest on the outside, including you; you are in charge of them." she nods, running off in the direction she needs to be. I open up the link to the pack "by now, you will have heard that all women, kids, and teenagers need to be in the basement, and all-new fighters are to protect them. The rest of you wolves and vampires need to meet me at the border. We have hunters to fight."

Running outside, I see everyone is already ready to go. I face the wall; I see Ashley's dad and three other wolves, five vampires, and almost a hundred hunters. I growl out; how dare he do this to us "everyone leaves the vampires and wolves to me", I shout, I made a promise three years ago, and I am going to uphold that promise.

I run at the vampires, who all seem to be standing together, slice two necks open with my wolf claws that I decided to use, snap three necks, and quickly rip the heads off them all and go after the wolves. I kill one immediately, realising that it was the weakest of the bunch, and use the body to knock over the other two wolves who are standing next to each other trying to work out how to attack one of my vampires who is going crazy and is covered in blood 'i am going to have to kill your dad babe, I am so sorry I mind link all I get is 'be safe, I understand' i rib the throats open making the other two wolves die as fast as possible, leaving me with only her dad left. He has been nothing but a pain in my arse ever since the red moon at camp. I look around and see only three hunters went alive, five of my men injured but no one dead; knowing they will quickly kill the last three hunters, my mind links them, telling them, 'once they are dead too, take the injured to the doctor's wing and go make sure everyone is ok, at the basement, I will mind link them to come out when he is dead.'

I focus on my mate's dad "they should have never brought you back from the dead," he spits at me, shifting almost instantly. I laugh, dodging every attack he makes; I decide its best to tire time out, which won't be too hard since he is already out of breath; I keep dodging, getting in a few rib kicks as I go, and he soon lays down tired "I'm sorry we couldn't get along" I tell him before snapping his neck, I sniff the air to check if there is any more and realise there isn't so I know it's okay for them to come out 'open the doors its safe, I will meet everyone in the doctor's wing to check on the wolves, can we have someone come and burn the body's please' i link out before rushing inside.

Ashleys pov

I look up at my mate. She just came inside to check on the injured but covered in blood. "my floor" I scream; she stops and looks down, "sorry?" she replies, not sure if she should be asking if she is meant to be or if she should laugh it off I groan "go upstairs and check on them" I scream she looks at me all apologetic before rushing off leaving a blood trail—the things you do for love.