Chapter 7

Heaving heavily, I try and catch my breath as I run after Lucy - her voice bouncing off the walls as she screams out about our return. It's actually slightly odd, as it doesn't seem as dark here as it did in Narnia. Then again, maybe the sun hasn't completely set here. As Lucy begins to slow down, I do the same as my breathing becomes normal pace - my eyes widening in realisation as I see the curtain. It looks so plain and ordinary, making me smile at the idea of Edmund stuck hiding here whilst Lucy and I found another world. Suddenly, I see the person in question poke his head out from behind the material with a scowl forming on his face. 

"Shut up or he'll here you." 

What? Have they really been playing for hours on end? Or is Peter just really bad at seeking? Very confused, I share a glance with Lucy who appears just as disorientated as I feel. That is, until I hear footsteps approaching the three of us - Edmund sighing in annoyance. 

"Great." 

His words are mumbled but I understand them enough to know that something is not right. Peter walks up the stairs with a wide grin that falters slightly at the sight of us all. I notice Edmund walking out from his hiding place with a shake of his head - just as Peter laughs softly. 

"You know, I don't really think you three have got the hang of this game." 

Furrowing my eyebrows, I am certain I am loosing my mind. This can't possibly be real, could it? I share another glance with Lucy before she stares at her brothers with earnest curiosity. 

"Weren't you wondering where we were?" 

She sounds so sincere, but I can tell that they don't pick up on that. In fact, Peter starts to chuckle as Edmund rolls his eyes - huffing loudly. 

"That's the point. That is why he was seeking you." 

Edmund's comment is technically correct, just not in the way that we mean it to be. Also, I don't want to tell him he's right - it could inflate his eco even further. Suddenly, more footsteps can be heard approaching causing me to glance over Peter's shoulder - watching in absolute confusion as Andrew and Susan approach us with big smiles. 

"Does this mean we win?" 

They look around with happy grins before they fall, obviously noticing Lucy and myself looking distressed. I ignore Peter's comment about us not wanting to play as I bite my lip in contemplation. 

"But we were gone for hours." 

My words are quite, and I don't think anyone heard me - that is until Andrew hums loudly. It catches my attention, causing me to glance up at him with a thoughtful gaze.

"What do you mean Soph?"

His question is genuine, but I simply shake my head softly - something tells me they aren't going to be as happy as I first thought. However, before I can talk my way out of this, Lucy reaches forward and grips onto Peter's hand - dragging him forward despite his squirming. Without further contemplation, I too grasp Andrews arm and start tugging him toward the spare room and the magical wardrobe. I can tell his really confused, and probably frustrated with me but I ignore that. As I weave around the mass of hallways, I hear Lucy explaining our adventure to our siblings with animated expressions. I smile in reminiscences, wanting to return at the next possible moment - perhaps tomorrow. However, as we come to a stop in front of the wooden piece of furniture, I realise just how crazy the four of them think Lucy and I to be. I hear Lucy huff, her patience wearing thin. 

"Go and check if you don't believe us then." 

Susan rolls her eyes and drags Peter into the wardrobe, no doubt to check the back. I watch as the other two trail behind the wardrobe and before I can object, loud taps echo throughout the spacious room. My heart begins to beat faster, knowing that this cannot be good - the four looking rather annoyed as they return to Lucy and I. Nobody says anything for a few seconds, leaving me a slight ounce of hope - until Andrew sighs.