Chapter 4

As we left the coffee shop, I heard faint screams and loud punches coming from the alley across the street. I followed the noise as Diana waited patiently at the bus stop for me to return. I followed the awful sound to see two large figures beating the waiter from the cafe. The other man was leaning against the brick wall  staring intently at the bleeding body. After the men had nearly beaten him to death the third man held his cigarette towards his mouth and whispered something in the bloody corpse's ear. Burning the butt of it against his face while the other men drag the body away. I am mortified at what I've just witnessed. I wanted to run so badly, to leave that dark alley and never look back, but for some reason I couldn't move no matter how hard I tried I couldnt move my legs. He turns towards me with an evil grin on his face and blows a kiss in my direction. I take a mad dash toward the bus stop and hop on the greyhound with Diana. I tell her everything I just saw and that we should report it to the authorities, but she tells me that you never snitch unless you want to be the next person on their list.

   I couldn't sleep last night, all I could think about was the three men beating that poor boy to death. The wicked smile that the man had on his face sent chills down my spine I knew I had to clear my mind of these terrible memories so I decided to take a run. I always took runs back in my hometown and wouldn't come back for days at a time. I headed down the street and past the busy freeway to a more quiter street. I blast my music from my headphones and was unaware of the oncoming black car that had pulled up beside me.

I instantly cease my running and turn around to see tented windows. Two large men emerge from the back seat and proceed to roughly grab me. With all my strength I try my best to fight them of, punching and kicking but to no avail. I was thrown into the backseat of the car. There I saw, with total disbelief, the strange man I had met in the cafe and who brutally murdered the poor waiter.
I backed away from him and his men by placing myself  in the far corner of the seat. "Please leave me alone what could you you possibly want from me," I cried. I near tears and wanted to ball my eyes out. "Oh Mia," he said I want everything from you." My blood instantly ran cold.