Chapter 13

Akiro's POV

Unknown Warehouse
During the meeting, I was informed that my current accomplice will no longer working for me due to certain complications in his work. I honestly couldnt care less at the news but soon realized that the reason I was dragged here was because of my father.

  He informed me that my younger  brother Yunji will be assigned as my new guard and that he could also care for the girl that I have become so fond of recently. My temper flared at the thought of him anywhere near Mia. My father has always tried to make me and brother get along since we were kids, but I tend to find my brother rather annoying. He never takes his job seriously and he thinks everything is a joke to him. I quickly turned around when I feel a light shove from behind and realized it was my no good brother. I returned his action with a much heavier push which he only responds with a wide grin.

"Get in the car" I tell him as I turn to leave the warehouse.

While we were driving home, Yunji went on and on about how father wouldn't give him the respect he deserved when he completed his missions and how he was suppose to look up to me for guidance and leadership. I knew this was a bold face lie to only gain my sympathy, but I couldn't blame him though, my father was always a very heartless person ever since we were kids. We were trained to show no mercy towards our enemies and to never show signs of weakness. In my opinion, father seemed to treat Yunji far more better than me, but he always said he was only preparing me for what was to come.

After returning home from the meeting I was surprised see Mia sitting at the dining table timidly sipping a glass of water with tears streaming down her face. I hated seeing my angel cry but then I remembered why she was sulking. The memory of her trying to escape from me began to flood back into my mind. I grew angry when she didn't acknowledge my presence and starts to leave the table

"Why are you up?" I asked her. She instantly froze in her steps and returned to her seat. Fear written across her face.

I was beyond livid when she simply ignored my question towards her. How dare she act like the victim when I was the one worried sick about her, wondering if I'd ever see her again. and because of her I had to kill one of my best assassins. My temper grew out of control when I hurled a glass near her head causing her to jump with fright.When she tried to run away I grabbed her arm and brought her back to me.

"WHY DID YOU  LEAVE" I yelled. She slowly began to turn her head towards me and gives me the most unreadable expresion that she could muster before lashing out in anger.

Her arms began to flare as she began to hurl vile curses at me and hitting across the side of my face. All I could was block her punches and wait till she tired herself out. But before she deliver another hit, Yunji come from behind her and delivers a heavy blow to the side of her head and she's out cold.

"YOU IDIOT, I SWEAR TO GOD...WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!" I shouted. I was beyond enraged as I held Mia's limp body in my arms.

"What, that crazy bitch tried to attack you." He told me with a fearful look on his face.

I couldn't even stand to look at Yunji after what he did to her. I honestly felt she deserved to take her anger out on me after what i have put her through and that but I didn't regret it one bit

"I don't want to see your face until I instruct you with a task". I told him venom laced in my voice.

He began to walk away muttering a few words under his breath.

I carefully pick up Mia's unconscious body for the second time tonight and retreated up the stairs toward my room.