Chapter 6: The Day Will Met Gabriella Pt1

December 31, 2018

"I'm so excited." I wiggle in my seat as I stare at the passing buildings, all of the town was so homely. The little stands and the small shops all pressed together in brown reminded me of Diagon Ally.

Will places his arm on the back of my seat, "Glad to see you're feeling better." He rolls his eyes at me but he's smiling a little bit. Then he turns to look at the people around us and turns back to me, "Still don't understand why you wanted to take tourist bus..."

I turn towards him to realize his face was closer to my back than I thought and jump back a little, "It makes me feel like we are visiting uncharted territory, even if I'm not going to this college I still get to look around like it's Disneyland." I turn back and see the big university come into view and bounce in my seat. "It's right there." I grab his shoulder, "Look Will it's right there."

He rolls his eyes as he turns to look at the University with me, "Yeah... it is really nice."

The bus stops and everyone gets up to leave, Will stands up and I yank him down so that everyone can go before us. He rolls his eyes once again and slouches back into his seat, "You're unnecessarily nice."

Everyone gets off and I stand up, Will stands up with a sigh and towers over me. "Stop being so tall all the time, it's really gross." I say shaking my head as I walk down the bus stairs.

"Stop being so short all the time, it's really ugly." He dusts off his sleeves which stopped down at his elbow.

I hit him hard on the back and I see him rub it with a pout, then I turn my direction towards our tour guide who looked like a boy around our age. "Who's ready to see Manchester?" He asks to the group, we all reply enthusiastically. Except Will obviously, who was the hugest pain in the ass.

"If you don't excited about the college that you are going to, I'm going to recite the entire first chapter of 50 shades of grey into your ear for the rest of the bus ride back." I say whispering into his ear. I see his eyes go wide, and suddenly he places his hands on the peak of his nose in frustration.

"This here is our science hall, interesting fact about Manchester is that the atom was first split here. The experiment was conducted by Er-" The tour guide continued to speak and I found myself tuning out of what he was saying while looking at the beautiful buildings and grass."

Will on the other hand was actually paying attention, we were standing in the very back of the group and I could only see the tour guide's head. "Will." I say but he doesn't hear me.

I turn to the side again to see groups of teenagers hanging out on the grass, laughing and talking. I feel a little ball of sadness forming into me realizing this was going to be Will next year and I was going to be hours away. A dog catches my eye in the corner and I silently gasp, I walk towards it and beautiful boston terrier starts wagging it's tail.

"Who's a good boy? You are, yes you are." I say in a childish baby voice, the dog starts bouncing up and down as he leans his head more towards me.

I feel a tug and suddenly I'm being pulled, I look down to see Will holding hands with me as he pulls me back to the group. "It's like you're a child. A child Cassie, a child." We finally make it back to the group and I didn't even notice how long I strained away from it. The tour guide didn't mind as much seeing how he was smiling as he continued to talk to the group of teenagers and their parents. I look down to see Will's hand still locked with mine and then looked back up to see he was still paying attention to the tour guide.

I wasn't a child, just enthusiastic. "Look Will, they have a huge library!"

***************************
We were now in Oldham, the tour had split up and told us to meet back the buses by 4. It was a town just about 10 minutes away from Manchester and it was beautiful, the little shops and small street lights. It looked like something out of a movie, but even better.