Chapter 1 Family of Snakes

Hey everybody, I hope you enjoy the story and like or comment if you do! It tells me you like the story and it gives me so much support to keep writing!
- chyrie

*

The silence in my room grew and grew until he walked in it. The fire on the candles flickered in response. I dropped everything instinctively and turned. He walked towards me, hands in his silk pocket. His attire was formal, buttons on the side of his jacket polished to shine. It was made with fine material, soft like cotton with a mat finish. 

"Good morning Leyah." He said grinning like a wild cat. He stalked towards me like I was a rabbit and he was the fox. The sly fox that adored the rabbit with all his heart. His clothes shifted through his movement, exposing the form of his muscles. 

"Good morning Orion." I said with a cold tone. Keeping my back straight and not yielding to his sapphire eyes. It seemed to glow as he moved towards me, daring me to break the distance that crept closer each step he made. The aura of his magic grew from his back, flowing like water. 

I moved towards to the door, avoiding him. He stopped moving and turned towards me. The air tightened, my breath seemed to shorten. He rubbed his neck looking at me, eyes full of sadness. 

"Why so far away?" From me, the words he didn't add. "Didn't you miss me?" Our eyes didn't meet when he looked towards the left. Towards the the portrait of me and him. A happy fiance leaning against her soon to be husband. A time that no longer exists, I'm no longer happy. 

"No, I didn't. I actually quite like your presence not being here." I looked at him, through his sapphire eyes and didn't see the man I had fallen in love with. All I saw was his lie.

"I hoped we could sort this out when I returned but it seems you don't want to." His eyes pleaded, laced with guilt. "I am sorry you know." He walked towards me and tried to hold my hand. Too fast, my hand was too fast, already moving away from his touch.

He stared towards the open space where my hand had been and started walking towards the door. Gesturing to leave. I moved away as he walked and stopped at the hallway.

"Sometimes I think your parents really got to you." Silence filled the room and when I didn't respond, he left knowing I wasn't about to answer him. I waited until he was across the hall and finally said, "I know that, but they-" The words became ash in my mouth as I continued to say, "had gotten to you more than you know it."

The house was filled with silence once again, just for a brief moment until I heard the front door click open.

"Leyah~"

The sound was a screech to my ears. I tried not to cringe at my own name but I did. I heard the stomping of her foot against the stairs as it crept closer and closer to my room. I had to think fast, do something that seemed like everything was normal because I knew that voice.

Any crack she saw in me and in Orion. The relationship that was crumbling to sand, second by second only held by the act we had put on in front of them. They did not know how broken our relationship was because if they did those monster would bite.

I grabbed my hairbrush and combed through my hair just as the door banged open and I saw my sister. My sister that had looked at me with a cat like expression. She grinned, her hazel eyes scanning me and the room. Her silk hair was braided into a crown, shinning under the light. 

Her silk dress was over the top, draping on the ground for a couple of inches. It was flowed like water in a stream with no interference. It was awfully out of character for her to dress in something simple yet expensive. A contrast to her usually outrageous fashion senses. It felt like she was copying me.