Chapter 8 A Friend

Hello, you can say I did my own fan art ^ which I kinda did. I was bored and decided to draw Marelda, her hair was suppose to be more red and vibrant but I didn't have the colour in my palette. ( I don't have a proper drawing app) Her eyes should be bit more coppery but I tried with what I had.

I'll probably redraw her in the future, when I have an actual drawing software, app stuff or material. But anyways I hope you enjoy this weeks chapter and this time more secrets are revealed about Orion. Hehe

- chyrie

*

Marelda and I stayed there for a while, hugging each other, soothing whatever anger, sorrow and hate, she saw in me. I told her about Wais, how she reminded me of her so much, I kept some details to the bare minimum, leaving most of the gruesome details out but Marelda listened to me even if I had kept talking on and on.

I let everything out, the pent up sadness I built up and it had felt good, nice to let it all out, nice to have someone to talk to, to connect to. Marelda seemed to understand what I was talking about and told me a story, a little one she grew up hearing.

"Once a upon a time, there was this little girl and little boy who lived in the same village. They were the best of friends and understood each other the way no one else could. They spent most of their day talking, laughing, a little bit of flirting sprinkled in there conversations. Since then, they became inseparable, until one day the little boy died long before the little girl. Her heart broken and shattered to a pieces that no glue can ever put back together. Her dresses stained with her tears. The little girl grieved every day after he died. She never stopped but the pain lessened and she learned to live."

I looked at Marelda and spoke quietly, "That's a sad story." Marelda gave a small sad smile and carefully worded her words. "Life.. life is sad but you can learn to make it happy. Sometimes it doesn't just come, sometimes we have to work hard to make it happen."

Marelda's words shined like the morning dew as it engraved itself in my soul. A small little genuine smile appeared in my face and Marelda's face opened in shock, eyes widening. "That's the first time!"

My eyes brows furrowed against each other. "What's the first time?" Marelda smiled like no other, she seemed like an goddess, a real living goddess in front of me. Hair of fire, eyes of copper and a soul filled with bright cheerful light. Her voice seemed like a melody like a siren attracting a fellow sailor.

"It's the first time you've really smiled at me!" I was stunned, completely stunned at her words. How did she notice...

Marelda seemed to notice the little things in me, it scares me but it brings me such joy, I won't dare to explain, scared I won't bring it any justice. But this feeling in my chest was something new and old, something stolen from me and is now brought back.

Ya, I know this feeling in me, this awful sense of happiness that can be taken away in a single moment. A friend, it was like we were friends.

I want friends...

Without even realizing it, my hand moved to touch Marelda's scared fingers, my fingers were cold compared to hers but she didn't shy away from my touch. Her skin was smooth, little calluses forming at the side of her fingers.

My mouth moved as I looked at her face filled with happiness. "Can...Can..you be my friend?" A shadow of doubt filled my mind to the brim and my world had turned dark and cunning, lifeless, my mind consuming me.

A friend it asked. I had answered a bit too softly.

Yes

It laughed cruelly at me with the voice of the dead. Last time I remembered, your friend died because of you. Will this one be the same?