Chapter 10 Day and Night

I woke up this morning, still remembering the night before but for some reason, Orion popped up in my head right when I woke up. It was weird because I haven't thought much of him since I came to the capital..

I took a while to get out of bed but when I did I ran to the bathroom to take a bath, the water was hot and felt nice on my skin. Even though I feel relaxed, I still can't help but keep thinking about Orion and Mar.

Orion and I had a bond, Mar and I had a friendship. Something we had forged and not just something fate decided to do.

My heart still aches when I think about him, even though I 'forgave' him for doing things with Lilac, but I didn't, not really. I told him I hated it when he's with her if I did say "I saw you doing it with my sister" I don't think he would come back to me.

He probably would have just left me for her, and I would be all by myself again. I'm a coward for wanting him to stay.

It makes me wonder if what we have is love or simple fate bringing 2 different people together.

By the time I finished taking a shower, Mar was standing outside the door with clothes in her hands. She seemed startled when I opened the door to see her there. Mar stuttered as she looked up and down, blush to form on her face.

"I-I was deciding to-to whether or not put these clothes in there or leave them by the door." I smiled and took the clothes, "Thank you." The realization filled me, I was naked and the door was wide open. I'm used to being naked, Mar was definitely not.

"I'm sorry, I'm used to being naked." Mar shook her head, breathing in and out and spoke. "It's okay, it's just in my family showing our bodies to anyone but our spouses would be shameful." I quickly put on a towel right after she said that.

"I assume you haven't seen a naked girl then." I threw a little joke towards her. She responded with sass. "I have been with many people for your information. I'm quite experienced! Even in that." Pride simmered through her vein. I spoke with unflattering honestly. "I've only been with one guy."

My mouth moved before I had thought about it, terror-filled my veins. My eyes shot up towards here, away from the towel. Surprisingly, Mar didn't seem to care. She was smiling. "Who's the lucky guy? Let me guess.. Orion?"

Mischief glossed her eyes. I didn't answer her question but instead, I asked her a question.
"You don't care I have only slept with one guy?" Mar simply shrugged and spoke. "Listen, it's your body, you do what you want with it. As long as you want it, then it's fine."

No one had ever said that. Every time Lilac asked disgust showed in their face but she knew all too well why it had been that way. The Ragnilds friends utter similar words. Saying things like Inexperienced, how are you supposed to please your mate? and other things.

It was normal for most girls to be with guys. Heck, even the princes go with multiple people. Expanding their horizon, but not doing so isn't considered well. It wasn't advised so but it was implied to. It was the norm for as long as I had known.

I smiled at Mar, my face full of genuine emotions. "Thank you..for not being like the rest." Mar smiled swinging her arm on her hips and replied. "It's boring being like the rest."

Mar left after saying those words running towards her bedroom. I quickly went to mine and dressed in a bright yellow dress. It had dandelions all over the yellow top, and vanishing near the bottom. I looked like a fairy, well at least something a fairy would wear.

Mar came out of her room opposite to mine. My dress was a symbol of summer and Mar's was a symbol of winter. I honestly thought winter would suit me better if I was a season but looking at Mar, made me take back the thought.

Snowflakes filled her dress from the bottom up. The deep blue of the fabric hugging her thighs and flowing down the bottom. Ice seemed to form near the bottom of the dress.

It told a story, from snow into ice. Mar looked regal yet casual, though the dress was definitely something you would wear to a fancy party. Mar nudged my hand and speaking ever so quietly, "I can't let them see their fashion designer wearing such a simple dress." I gave Mar, a lifted eyebrow and a slight smile.

The day turned into the afternoon as we walked outside. The afternoon wasn't too hot today. The temperature was just fine enough, that walking wasn't an exercise. People glanced towards me and Mar. The talk about the famous seer and I haven't vanished. Though once Mar had turned their heads towards the whispering, they stopped talking.

Stopped moving in fact. Magic Mar mouthed. A big smile grew on her face and the dress shimmered in the light. I felt a pulse of magic work through me, towards the clothes. My dress came to life, the dandelions looked real and fully through the fabric.

The slow realization filled me. Mar made me wear this dress so she could show off her collection. Mar walked in pride as if she knew I had figured it out. Her smile was gone when I looked at her, but her eyes danced with the light. Her magic flowed through the dress.

If she had gone through all this trouble just so I could show off her collection. Then I might as well play the part. Winter was a long cold time of the year, her face was plastered with no emotion should that but summer was joyful, full of life. I trained my mouth to smile just like how I once did back then.

A courtly smile filled my face. Mar noticed and pushed her magic again, sending an aura around us. Showing the distinct difference. People were no longer talking about me but the dresses we both wore, how they took note and made sure to stop by later.

Mar's idea worked, and we began to shine like day and night.