Chapter 4 Day Dreaming

It's finally summer for me!! What season are you in right now? Exams are over and I finally have time to read books!!

Also make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed this weeks chapter!
-chyrie

*

The wheels began to squeak by the 2nd day of our travel. I underestimated how boring this trip was, I expecting it to be tough, half freezing through my clothes and starving but Orion had hired someone to get me their. To save me from that task. My brows frowned at the thought, how much had this cost him.

The thought sunk in my head when a loud thud hit the carriage, sending me up in my seat. A loud groan left my mouth as I pushed the carriage door open to examine exactly what happened.

The birds were silent, no longer singing their lovely song, the trees seemed to cave away from us or to whatever had made the noise. Tree branches snapped under my foot the only sound in the forest. My heart pounded, my adrenaline rushing faster than water on a stream. I liked danger, craved it.

If I was raised normally I probably would be scared right now like the girls raised in the mansion. With their soft plush cheeks covered with too much makeup. Their awfully high pitched voices filled with a bunch of whining. They were similar to Lilac, way too into themselves.

I hated them, I probably would have hated myself if I had become like them but if I were like them. I wouldn't have to be responsible for the death of certain people.

Each step brought me closer and closer to the front of the carriage when suddenly a colourful figure flashed towards me. My feet stayed put, my body immediately going to a defensive position. The dagger on my thigh flowed to my hand reading it for combat.

"Sorry Mrs. a fox went by leaving us to stop immediately. I didn't want to hurt the poor thing." I scanned him, the driver of the carriage. My eyes flew over him and towards the horses, they stayed put at their spot and I returned the dagger to my thigh. My shoulders and body relaxed, my heart returning to a consistent melodic beat.

"That's fine, let's start moving again then." I smiled towards him and he only nodded. His face seemed strained and scared. His love for animals certainly took a toll on him. I got back on the carriage, the red plush seats welcoming me. Shortly after we had started to move. Faster this time, making up all the time we had lost.

My eyes stayed awake and alert at any movement in the woods. A slight shuffle in the trees had my eyes dart towards it. I swore I saw a figure but once I squinted my eyes it was gone. The light must have played with the trees as the wind shuffled through it.

I dismissed it like it was a small rock in a stream of water.

Oblivion consumed me when I closed my eyes and dreamed for a bit.

The day was warm on my skin. It almost felt too hot but I stayed outside. Not wanting to go back in the mansion along with the other girls mom was training to be a high class lady. She never trained me claiming I didn't need it saying things I didn't quite understand yet. Instead she trained me to be a killer capable on attacking without being seen.

I didn't understand that quite either but I liked being given something to do.

"Leyah, come on!" her voice was sweet and honey like. I smiled at Wais her hand already clinging onto mine. Her body twisted to run towards the flowers on the backyard. My mouth made a pout and immediately smiling as an idea came to my head.  "I'll race you there!"

I busted into a sprint, my body felt light, my legs doing what their suppose to. I was faster than Wais and any girl in our territory outside the capital. I even won a race, beating the record time. The wind breezed pass my face, the sun blasting it's rays on me. The smell of flowers filled my nose and before I knew it I was already there.