Chapter 9 Take me away

Mar didn't return for a while but I knew she was talking to someone. I heard bits of there conversation but without context, much of it didn't make sense. Something about, "Not being safe" and "you don't know what you are doing."

A few more minutes passed and Mar came running back up the stairs, stomping at every step. She came up winded like she just ran a marathon.

She starred at me with relief as I sat at the couch ideally, my body twisted to face her and elbow resting on the cushion.

"What's wrong?" My head tilted to the side, Mar's skin looked a bit pale from here.

She shook her head to the left then to the right vigorously while catching her breath. "Nothing. Nothing."

It didnt seemed like nothing but I doubt she'd tell me anyway. So I started to guess and hope I'd get a reaction from her.

"Was that a royal guard?" If I was gonna guess then I'll make an educated one.

Mar's skin paled even more, as horror sipped through her face. Her breath was shallow but not weak. "How?" She shook her head again

"How did you know?"

Ah, I guessed right, with only so much information, guessing a guard wasn't that bad. Considering how a famous Seer did make a statement about someone like me.

"Well, it was just a guess and I got it to write." Mar squinted her eyes for a long time, I didn't dare say anything back and she didn't either.

Then she sighed and smiled again. "I'm guessing your keeping something from me. But so am I so we're even."

I pressed my lips together into a thin smile and said in a lovely tone so obvious that anyone could tell I'm being sarcastic. "Since when did the beloved witches and warlock set us apart like this."

I gestured my hand in the air like a magician but the look on Mar's face was utter fear. Fear of what I said because there is no way in hell someone like Mar would be scared of me.

Mar regained her composer a few seconds late. "I don't know but let's get some rest. It's dark outside already." I let whatever face she made a while ago slip by.

I nodded and Mar gestured me to follow her to the room I'll be staying at. She made sure I was comfy, checking if the temperature is alright or if I need anything.

I said no's and yes' but before Mar left the room deciding everything is good, I spoke words that didn't at all sound like me. It sounded like someone else, someone powerful, and sad. It sounded like the voices inside my head.

"I don't need friends."

Mar stopped in her tracks, and turned towards me, towards the voice I clearly didn't think was mine but could be mistaken as mine. "What's this all about?"

I shook my head, pushing that voice deep down inside me, confused on how it came out. "I don't know, I just started speaking."

Mar looked away and looked at me again as if she was contemplating again. After a few minutes, she let out a sigh and took a spot next to me at the bed.

"The royal soldier or guard depending on what you think came for you. Of course, I refused to let them take you but knowing the royal family wants you." She stopped talking for a bit, contemplating again. "They will take you by force."

The scenario wasn't bad, I needed to get in the castle and this was the easiest way to do it. I'd just let them take me but many eyes will be on me... it would be harder to move around without any suspicion. But this was the best chance I got, the only plan I have considering how I didn't make any.

"Let them take me." Mar looked at me as if I was crazy so I decided to make things clearer. "I'll let them take me, if they see that I'm not the person they're looking for then..they'll let me go."

Mar looked at me, hard and sighed. "Okay, just make sure when they let you go. They take you back here!"

Mar's mood changes again, and become to what she was a while ago, energetic, happy with a bit of an ego. Maybe a lot.

*

Wow, this is short but no worries! I'll be uploading double today. Well I hope you liked this one, making sure to click the star button if you liked it and comment at parts you did!

-chyrie