Job or Jail

I sat awkwardly on Mikes couch. He was in the kitchen. I glanced around his home. He lived in a one room, one bathroom, kitchen and living room apartment. A giant window took up the left wall. He had a decent sized TV with a Xbox, some games, and some movies. I fiddled with my fingers getting nervous in the room alone. It wasn't to long till he came back with a plate of food. He placed it on the coffee table with a cup of water, then disappeared into the kitchen. He then returned, sitting down in a little recliner that was beside the couch i was on. He turned the tv on and started to eat what I assumed was pancakes. 

I watched him for a while then slowly looked down at the food on the table

I watched him for a while then slowly looked down at the food on the table. Was that.... For me. I looked at him when I noticed him staring. He raised an eyebrow and gestured to the food. I hesitantly grabbed the plate and placed it on my lap. It looked really good and it smelled amazing. I smiled as I took a bite.

"MMPPPHHH!!" I choked. The second the piece of what ever it was touched my taste buds, I wanted to barf. I gulped what was in my throat then reached for the water, chugging it down. I sighed and caught Mikes blue eyes staring at me intensely. 

"Are you okay?" He asked. I smiled warily, the guy went through the trouble of making me food, might as well be polite.

"Um, yeah. I just choked a little." I said laughing a little. He nodded and looked back at the tv. I gulped and decided to woman up. After finishing my food I stood up, picking up his plate as well due to the fact that he finished way before me. He watched me as I walked towards the kitchen, turning pale. I heard him leap from his seat and rush after me.

"W-Wait!" Oh but poor Mike it was too late. I turned the corner and froze. Dirty dishes littered the counter and trash littered the floor. Crums of food rested all over the place and what I was hoping what was not a dead melting rat was placed in the corner. My mouth was wide open in shock and I slowly turned around to stare at Mike who was blushing with his hand to his face. I looked back at the mess then at him again. 

"I...um... this.." He was fumbling over his words, trying to come up with an excuse. I huffed and walked into the inside dump yard. I started to sort the dishes from plates, pans, bowls, and civil-ware lining them on the counter. "Wait, what are you doing!?" He asked, completely confused. I smiled at him, crossing my arms.

"Lets get the white elephant out of the room." I stated pointing to myself. "I'm homless with no money and no where to go. However I can clean and... cook, so if you let me stay here untill I go home, I'll do all the cleaning and cooking." I offered, he frowned at my statement.

"Kid, I only have one room. Where would I sleep?" He asked with an annoyed look. I smiled at him.