Age

"Hey, you have the evening shift...." I heard a voice. I moaned, shifting around on the couch, pulling my blanket closer to myself.

"I don't wanna go to school mommy." I grumbled out. I heard a huff.

"Wake up!" I was shaken violently. I jolted up, looking around. My eyes met a pair of blue ones. A small sigh left my lips as I leaned back. I looked at the clock. It was eight o'clock. 

"Oh shoot! I didn't make dinner!" I exclaimed, throwing the blanket off of me. Mike sighed and lightly pushed me back on the couch. He was holding a McDonald bag. I looked at it then at him.

"I picked it up on my way home. I didn't know what you wanted so I just got you some chicken nugget meal. That okay?" He asked with a slight blush. I smiled at his kindness.

"Thank you so much." I said, taking the bag he handed me. He nodded and went an sat down on his chair. Turning on the tv. I smiled as I took out the french fries and started eating. I slowly found myself looking at Mike. He was leaning against the arm rest of his recliner staring absently at the tv. He slowly looked over at me and stared at me. I blushed, looking away.

"Something wrong?" Mike asked. I shook my head. 

"No, No. I was just thinking that your really a nice guy. Even through you put up this tough guy act." I said with a smile. He blushed, looking back at the TV.  I smiled and finished my food, then went to get ready for work.

~~~~(Time Skip)~~~~

I was humming (Favorite song) as I walked to work. The sun was starting to set and the sky was turned into a fiery read with blue. 

HONK HONK

I jumped and spun around. A silver car stopped right beside me. The window rolled down and I saw Scott waving at me. I smiled, kneeling down a little to make it easier to talk to him.

"Hey beautiful! Why are you walking?" Scott asked. I felt my cheeks heat up at him calling me beautiful, but kept my cool.

"Well, handsome. I like only a few minutes  away, so walking isn't a big deal." I said with a smile. He leaned over and opened the door. 

"Get in. We are going the same way." He offered. I smiled and shook my head.

"Its okay. Besides its a beautiful night!" I said as I went to take another step.

KAAAABBBOOOOOOMMMM

"EEEEPPP!" I jumped five feet in the air. Next thing I knew, I threw myself in Scotts car, shutting the door closed behind me. Rain started to fall from the sky.

"PPPPFFFFTTT!" I snapped my head in Scotts direction. I pouted and crossed my arms.