Issues

I sat down watching Tv. It was weird, everything was the same like in my world honestly. I sighed, looking over to the window. From his apartment, you could see the city in the distance. A whole new world, literally.  I jumped at a click sound.  I looked at the door only to see Mike letting out a sigh. I looked at the clock with wide eyes. Man I didn't know time went by that fast. I stood up.

"Hey how was work?" I asked, walking past him to the kitchen to start dinner. He followed me to the kitchen.

"It was work. Take day shift over night shift any day." He shrugged. I nodded.

"Understandable." I said, pulling out chicken and pasta sauce. He looked in the fridge with wide eyes.

"When did we get these?" He asked. I shrugged. 

"I went shopping with that hundred bucks you gave me. Oh you have change, its on the table. I'll pay you back my first paycheck." I said pointing at the table. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"I gave you that money to buy more clothes. You should have thought about that instead of food." I turned to look at him as I brought down the tenderizer. He jumped slightly as I only looked at him with wide eyes.

"I don't really need anymore clothes at the moment and I will buy some more when I get paid, I'm not taking your money to spend on myself. Thats rude, not to mention at the moment you are paying rent here by yourself. " I stated as I started to hit the chicken I had pulled out. I actually paused a moment after thinking on it. "Actually I want to talk to you about that." I started hitting the chicken again.

"About what?" He asked. I looked at him.

"About rent. I figured if I was going to be living here for a while I might as well help you with rent to make things easier for you. I was thinking we split that and the bills 50/50. You know.' I explained. He raised a eyebrow, almost looking impressed.

"Your offering to help me? I wasn't expecting that..." He said shocked. I was in the middle of breaking some eggs and milk into a bowl with some garlic powder. 

"I'm not going to freeload. I will help out with what I can." I said placing the chicken in it then placing it in the fridge for now.

"Kid, you are far from free loading. You've been cleaning, cooking. You have been a big help. Just don't over do it. I'm not expecting much from you." I smiled at him with a worried look. 

"There is another thing. I was thinking about talking to boss and having him forward the checks to to." I explained. His eyes widened.

"WHY?!" He explained. I had crushed some crackers and put them in a bowl with other spices.  

"There is a whole list. Geezz and your supposed to be the older one." I sighed, preheating the oven. " I'm not from here. Its a wonder that I even got a job. I have no birth certificate, no social security, no bank accounts, no licence. I have nothing here. I feel like a runaway foreigner." I sighed leaning back on the counter. I looked at him and saw him go pale.