Shopping

I grabbed a cart, walking into the store. I sighed, Walmart, apparently the hell in both mine, and this world. Scott smiled at me as he pushed his glasses up on his face. I pulled out a list I made yesterday while cleaning the kitchen. I gave him a worried look.

"You sure you want to be here? I have a lot I need to get." I said worried. He just smiled, ruffling my hair.

"Dont worry about it (Name). Mind if we share a cart?" Scott asked. I shook my head.

"No, not at all." I said with a smile. I looked down at the list. "Okay, first up is produce. I need to get milk, egg, coffee, coffee creamer, and some veggies. Then we will go over to the spices, then seasonings, then from there frozen foods." I said, coming up with a battle plan. He smiled at me.

"Got it Captain." He said as he followed me through the store. 

I was looking through the spices, looking for some cinnamon, nutmeg, and some garlic. Scott was just standing there, looking a little bored. It was weird, I mean, the guy is supposed to be dead. Other then he was supposed to be a man with a phone mask... I knew nothing.... Except his age and that he liked black coffee with three packs of sugar. (Weird thing to pay attention to huh?)

"So, how long have you been working at Freddy's?" I asked. He looked at me with a smile.

"I was just out of high school. About your age maybe. I was the one who started the night shifts. Or that's at least when the they animatronics started moving around at night." Scott said as he found the cinnamon. I smiled in thanks.

"That's cool.... How do you know the animatronics are dangerous? I mean, if you were there from the start, whats the problem?" I asked. His smile faltered a little. He looked at the spices again.

"That..... I was working with another guy, he was new too. We got caught the first week. They dragged us to the parts and service room. I was being held back as he was shoved into a suit. You see the suits have these clamps inside them to keep them closed. They are supposed to go through these hooks and holes in a endo-skeleton. If they latched with some one inside, it rips through the skin, snaps through bones.... getting the legs and arms on isn't as worse as the torso. However you can survive it.... but once that head is on... your skull is smashed... The new guy, he was killed." Scott said, his normally chipper attitude gone. I frowned, I grabbed his wrist. He stiffened and looked at me. 

"I'm sorry, you don't have to say anything about it if you did't want to." I explained. He smiled a little moving his hand to hold mine.

"Its fine. I learned from it. Its awful to say, but I'm glad it happened so soon. It made me realize how dangerous those kid friendly robots are. Also, it put me on my feet in a way. I had no motivation, no drive. I was self destructive, doing drugs, alcohol, and smoking. When they had me in the hospital, I realized, I didn't want to die this way. I wanted to live my life, my way. I stopped drugs and drinking, It took me two years to finally quite smoking." Scott said as he tightened his grip on my hand. I looked at him confused.

"Hospital?" I asked. He looked at me with a small smile.