Chapter 2: Adjusting

It was another day that I was going to spend making Karamatsu feel welcome. It's been a week and I have showed him around, introduced him to my friends, and even brought him inside the house. Today we were in my room looking around. Let me tell you, he was so nervous about entering the house and even more so when we came to my room. I showed him some of my drawings and a few of my books.

He seem to ease up when I had him look through my sketchbook. I look him up and down. He would be very fun to draw. I should draw him sometime. My eyes went to his exposed chest. What fascinates me was he does produce milk and that's why we got him. My friends wanted to try selling milk at the store along with their other products. I was kind of excited for when he's ready to provide.

"W-Why are you s-staring at me?" He asks shyly and I look up at him to see his ears folded back. "Oh sorry. I don't mean to stare it's just you really fascinate me." I say and he blushes "I..I really fascinate you?" He asks and I nod "yes you do." I say and he smiles softly.

Then I took him outside to my flower garden. I tend to the flowers and pluck a few of the roses. I proceed to make a flower crown with Karamatsu watching curiously. Once down I show it to Karamatsu before placing the crown atop his head. "Aww so cute." I coo and he blushes before fiddling with the crown. "T-Thanks y/n." I smile and nod

"y/n!"

My head turns when I hear Ichimatsu call me. "I'll be right back. okay?" He nods and I walk back into the house. Ichimatsu was talking with Jyushimatsu and Choromatsu. "What's up?" I ask and Ichimatsu smiles "Well we got everything sorted out so starting tomorrow Karamatsu can start providing for the farm." He says and I smile "really?" I ask and the three of them nod.

"Ha! You look excited y/n!" Jyushimatsu says and I nod "of course I am. I'm kind of fascinated." I say and Choromatsu rolls his eyes "with some talking we decided that Ichimatsu would be in charge of that at first but then you can be in charge of the milking. If you want." Choromatsu says and I smile "yes please!" They nod and after a little more talking I went back out to Karamatsu.

When I rounded the corner I saw Karamatsu was making a flower crown probably copying my actions when I made mine. I smile and walk over "what you up to Karamatsu?" I ask and he blushed before hiding the flower crown. "Why did you hide it?" I ask and he blushes before showing me the flower crown. "I w-wanted to surprise you." He says and I smile "Aw so you made it for me?" I ask and he nods before placing it on my head.

I smile brightly and hug him "thank you Karamatsu. I love it." I say and he slowly hugs me back, nuzzling his face against mine. I smile and scratch the back of his head making him hum while his tail sways behind him. now that's interesting he has a sweet spot here. I reach up and scratch up to his ears. He hums again and leans into my touch. I pull away and place my hands on his head, scratching lightly.

He hums softly and closed his eyes as he leans into my touch. He looked to be in bliss from my touch. I smile before pulling hands away and he reaches a hand up to my head. Before I could ask why he softly scratches my head. I hum and held his wrist "okay I get it. It feels really good." I say and he nods dropping his hand. I took his hand and lead him to the barn.

"Come on. Let's get you to bed." I say and he nods before following me. I was happy that we had found so much trust in each other.

He trusts me and I trust him.

Though the fact that he trusts me means a lot more to me.