Where's Peter? (Part 1)

Ahhh sorry it isn't I thought you loved him but enjoy this short and sweet, no not sweet. Enjoy this short 900 worded one :()

Tony and Steve have been happily married for almost a year and half. Tony was also very close with Peter Parker, a.k.a. Spiderman. He came over every other day and Tony loved him so much. The avengers were very fond of the boy and pretty close with him, but no where near as close with him as Tony. His husband was the least closest with Peter surprisingly but Tony didn't mind that.

Tony and Steve have been wanting to complete their family for a while now, so they decided to get a surrogate. Said surrogate is six months pregnant with a baby boy and the couple was very excited for the new addition. They have yet to come up with a name, but they have a few top choices.

It started one night when Tony was out shopping for baby supplies. He was minding his own business, about to enter the store, not noticing the gun, about 20 yards away, aimed at his head, but Spider-Man did. He quickly swooped down and pushed the older man out of the way as three shots were fired, all of them hitting him right in his chest.

"Pe—I mean Spidey!" Tony cried, still in shock "We—I mean I. I need to get you to some sort of hospital. Fri—"

'Already done sir.' She responded from the glasses on his face.

"Also—"

'I've called a suit, told Dr.Cho to set up MedBay, and tried to clear all press coming to the area.' The AI said as a suit formed around him.

"Thanks." He said, scooping Peter up and flying towards the tower and taking off his mask.

"Mr.Stark. I just want to let you know, thanks for being there for me. I love you like a father would, and I'd take a bullet for you, oh wait." Peter chuckled at the end. "But seriously, tell your kid I say hi, name him something good, make sure he has fun. I'm—I'm gettin' tired Mr.Stark. I really am, so just know that you were always my hero and thank you for being someone I can count on."

"No, kid don't close your eyes. Please." Tony pleaded with tears in his eyes.

"I've been trying. I have." He responded his eyes barely open.

"Peter please." They arrived at the MedBay window and it immediately opened.

"Mr.Stark?" There was a two second pause. "Thank you." Peter told tony as his eyes slowly closed.

"No! Peter!" He started sobbing as (420 words) Peter was pulled out of his arms.

"Please step outside." Dr.Cho ordered Tony.

"I can't—"

"You need to."

"I—"

"Stark!"

"Okay, I'm leaving he said sadly as Bruce rushed into the room.

Tony sat on one of the chairs out side of the room and started crying. Thoughts were racing through his head. Why didn't he notice the shooter? Why did Peter have to do that? What would he do without him? Sure he had a kid coming who he was super excited for, but this was Peter. The one who stuck with him even when he shouldn't have and he was grateful for that.

Tony didn't believe this was reality. This cruel,  reality was actually happening.

His sobs got louder as he heard Dr.Cho yell 'clear!' and Bruce mumbling 'come on Pete'.

This went on for almost an hour, before he heard a defeated sigh. "Time of death, 20:37." Tony heard Cho mumble out of breath.

He raced into the room to see nurses leaving defeated and a blanket covering all of Peter, except his face. Tony rushed over to him and started sobbing, and was there for a solid hour.

"Peter, please tell me this is one of your pranks." He tried, with no success.

Tony didn't notice when his husband entered the room with tears in his eyes.

"Tony," he started as the man he called looked up. "Come with me." He then finished holding his hand out.

Tony denied his offer, "he can't really be gone, can he? I mean he was only 16 he can't, he just can't be this is a prank! Knew it! Good one Pete! Pranks over!" He said breaking back into sobs.

"Tony," Steve said sadly, standing tony up and pulling him into his shoulder for him to cry into. "It'll be alright, okay? We will never forget him."

They left the room and up to their own. Tony automatically jumped into the bed and stared at the ceiling in shock. "I can't right now. I'm going to sleep so I can wake up with this nightmare over." He muttered closing his eyes, snuggling into his bed.

Steve left the room to tell the team the news, and it was not an easy task. He doesn't even know how to describe their reactions. It was a mix of shock, disbelief, sadness and anger. Sort of scary to Steve.

The next morning, Tony woke up, desperate to wake up from the nightmare. He saw his husband in bed next to him.

"He's really gone, isn't he?" He asked quietly and Steve nodded grimly as tony turned around and started crying softly.

It was a few days later when Steve made a suggestion that changed Tony's life, a simple one at that.

"Hey Tones, how about we name our kid Peter?"

Tony's head shot up, "Really?" He asked disbelievingly.

"Yeah, let's do it,"

He wrapped Steve in a hug. "Thank you" He mumbled.