Chapter 5

This chapter has some content which is not suitable for readers under the age of 18.
Moti Bagh
Suburb in New Delhi, India.

"Misha... Misha!!"

As she cursed inwardly at the rude stranger who just threatened to throw her under the truck, Misha turned around to find her bestie Samantha approach her with quick strides.

"Who was that guy? Why were you trying to stop him? Did you pick up a fight with him too?" As usual, Sam raised her hands to her waist, as she prepared herself for time-to-lecture-my-bestie-mode.

"Why do you always think the worst of me?  It was entirely his fault! He bumped into me roughly and I almost fell over the pavement. I didn't fall of course, because he pulled me back in a flash. But that's beside the point. He should have apologised, right? But he didn't, not even when I demanded that he should. Even worse, he bloody ignored me and went away. And you know I can never tolerate that kind of attitude. How dare anyone insult and ignore a beautiful girl like me? That's why I tried to stop him. But he threatened me that he will throw me under that truck, and... and I got scared. He looked so dangerous Sam. And you know how I feel about such guys, don't you?" Misha pouted.

"Wow! What a bloody cheek!  Well... sorry, I admit in this case it wasn't your mistake, but can you really blame me if I assumed that you were the one who picked up the fight? Ever since you joined my class, I had to spend half of my time pulling you away from fights with guys in the campus, and sometimes even girls." Sam shrugged.

"Because, they were IDIOTS, the whole lot! But this guy... he was bloody arrogant and rude. Just wait till I find him again, I will show him what I am capable of !"  Misha's nostrils flared again.

"But of course, you are the only intelligent creature on earth! Now, why didn't I remember that simple fact? And what the hell do you mean you will find him again? I saw him only from behind but trust me, you don't want to mess with that body and size. Now, before your Naani comes all the way down to the shopping mall looking for her spoilt and troubled granddaughter, let's go home, shall we?" Sam pulled Misha towards the street leading to their apartment block.
"God!! Why am I surrounded with concerned and ready-to-lecture Naanis?" Misha raised her hands as if in prayer and poked her tongue out, but ducked easily to escape from Sam's well aimed punch.

"Aargh!! You are too quick, again! I will punch you nice and hard one day! By the way, how did you manage bumping into that guy? One minute you were with me as I was crossing the road and then you just vanished."

"I flew with my wings, didn't you notice? I am a shapeshifter you know!!  God help you. Just because you walk and respond like a snail, everyone else looks too fast for you."

The friends continue to bicker till they reached their apartment block, where their families lived within few doors to each other.

***
Elegant Towers, Moti Bagh
New Delhi.
The words and the context on that torn letter continued to haunt Victor's mind. Who was this DJ and who was this Malayalee person who would write a letter to him, in this day and age of Mobiles and email? Either an aged person, not familiar with technology or a smart one who wouldn't trust it and knows that keeping yourself offline is the best secure method.

He tried to check through his own database and records of all the criminals he had known of, when he was working as an Agent in the Intelligence Bureau, but came up with nothing. But his data was quite outdated, as most of his work was outside India for many years, and all his sources and information were centred around his foreign missions.

He slouched back in his lounge and picked up football on the coffee table , as his eyes roved around his neatly organised living room. Atleast his apartment smelt and looked better, thanks to the rigorous cleaning he had done in the past few days.