Scared

Vote and comment if you would like. Thank you.

"What are you doing?" The sudden voice almost made her slip off the chair she was standing in to reach the special box of Apple Jax's at the top of the cabinet. Amoli always hid things from her out of reach like that, bitter old bat. She caught herself but that didn't stop Micah from placing his arms around her waste just in case. "Why do I always find you doing something dangerous? You do realize you're heavily pregnant, right?" He asked as if he was suffering greatly.

She looked down at him after snagging the box from the top shelf in the cabinet. "I was fine until you scared me." She accused. "You can let me go now."

He did let go of her wrist but grabbed her hand, helping her step off the chair. "You could have asked Kut to help you... he's not doing anything but wasting his time on Tender." He said with disgust as he thought of his cousin squealing like a teen girl at his phone. Addison's snigger reached his ears making his scowl of disgust weaken. "Oh, you find it funny?" She had been the one to suggest Kut find himself someone on the site.

His question made her laugh unrestrained as she popped open the box and dug her hands in as she balanced it between her arm and side. "Everyone deserves love," she popped some dry cereal into her mouth and chewed. "And isn't it cute the faces he makes when someone actually messages him back?" He let go of her hand when he realized he was still holding it. She didn't seem to notice.

He covered up the uncomfortable feeling that ate at him by giving her a dry look. "Absolutely not, he looks...demented." She laughed again, this time throwing her head back in pure joy. He smiled.

"Have you ever listened to him talk over the phone with one of them?" She barely got out over her laughs. "He's so awkward!"

"No...I don't eavesdrop." He gave her a pointed look that made her roll her eyes.

"My ears are itching..." Kale entered the kitchen, eyes on his phone. "Are you guys talking about me?"

"No," they said in unison. They looked at each other and Kale looked at them.

"Right," he said slowly. "So, I was looking online searching for a crib and I was wondering should I order a white one or the... 'Natural Oak wood finish' one? I mean, we don't know if it's a boy or girl but a boy can have a white crib too, right?" He ignored or didn't notice how the other two stiffened. One because she still stiffened at the mention of her baby and the other because he had been trying to get her to go home before the baby was due which seemed more and more like it wasn't going to happen.

Addison's hand went to her stomach out of habit and the baby kicked right away, as it usually did. She glanced at Micah as if for help. He was just watching her, as he usually did. She let out a breath. Kale had been doing most of the baby shopping, having taking it upon himself. One of the empty rooms was already filled with diapers.

"The oak wood finish one sounds like it might be pretty." She said in a small voice. "I...I guess you can go with that one."

"Do you want to see it?" Kale was already walking over to show her the picture on his phone. Micah moved away a couple of steps and over to the fridge.

Addison was looking at the pictures when a new one popped up. A white woman with her huge breast bursting out of a tiny shirt and pounds of makeup on her face. Kale was getting a phone call. Addison snorted, so that was Kale's taste?

The man turned completely red as he answered the call and said a quick 'I'll call you back in an hour' before hanging up. This made Addison laugh harder, the heavy feeling over picking out a baby bed for her baby forgotten.