Salud

This is the last chapter. There is suppose to be a sequel. Anyway, vote and comment if you'd like.

"Yeah, my dad is black." Kale said with a nod. Addison tried not to show her surprise on her face but apparently failed miserably. "Yeah...people always get that exact expression when I reveal I'm half black." He let out a breath. "So what are we going to do today?" He asked and changed the subject as he picked up both of their bowls that once held cereal and placed them in the sink.

Addison blinked and her eyelids burned. She was truly exhausted even though she had just woken up. "I honestly just want to go back to bed, Kale." she said honestly. "I don't feel like I can move around much today."

He frowned. "Everything alright?"

She placed her hand on her stomach. "I think so...It's just getting close I think." She said the last part nervously.

"Oh, well, you can lay in bed today watch some Indian soap operas you won't understand and pig out on the junk food I ordered last week, sound good?"

It did sound good. "Yeah...I just don't want to be alone." She said. "I haven't seen Micah since yesterday morning." He had made himself even more scarce since their hug a couple of days ago.

"Well," Kale snorted, "I could always join you or does it have to be Micah?"

Addison winced. "That's...That's not what I meant. I meant...we could all hang out together and you guys could translate the shows for me."

"Uh huh, sure..."

Addison felt embarrassed so she cleared her throat before sliding off the stool. "Just bring the ice cream, Kale." She threw over her shoulder as she left the kitchen.

An hour later found Addison laying in her bed chomping on ice cream as she stared at the television entranced in the over dramatic show as if she understood every word. Kale who sat in the armed chair next to the bed had long since given up translating saying the show was too stupid.

When the show ended and the commercials began she decided to ask Kale a question she had always meant to ask. "Is Micah more like he used to be before the... before he..." She trailed off.

Kale seemed to know what she meant though because he answered. "More or less," he sat his own bowl of ice cream on the nightstand and rubbed his hands together. "Micah was a cocky kid and super boisterous. I mean he was pretty much good at everything he did. So I guess he could afford to be. Now though... he's more laid back and not as confident in my opinion now. I don't know if it's the meds or what though. He was more of a bully back in high school honestly but he outgrew what ever that was all about quickly and was seen as a generally nice guy after about freshmen year of high school. He was super protective too of his step mom and of course Lilac and though I didn't need it sometimes he came to my rescue because I was his 'little chubby cousin'." He shrugged. "I think he's like that now with you...protective. He'll probably pop up in the next few minutes or so because he likely don't know where we are." She doubted that, Micah was avoiding her. "Oh, and he's diffidently use to talk more."

She nodded. "So, he's not...his normal self really. Do you think the surgery will fix that?"

Kale shrugged.

"As long as he isn't anything like how he was before he started taking the pills again, I'm happy."

Addison silently agreed with that.

Seems Kale did know his cousin quite well no matter which version it was because Micah showed up about five minutes after that conversation, glancing in the room catching her eye before walking away without a word.