Chapter 13

Being home was the last thing that Eve wanted, the both of them had found it hard to leave their tropical paradise that had them in a cocoon of the love that they had declared for one another, but the real world had come knocking and the two of them had to get back to work, which is what they were now doing.

“Baby have you seen where the dry cleaning is? I can’t find the suit I was planning to wear today” Lucca called from their wardrobe.

“I already hung it up so they aren’t in the bags anymore, here I’ll find it” Eve walked straight in and found the suit while Lucca just looked at her like she had some magic power.

“I knew I married you for a reason”

“Yeah coz you knocked me up” Eve joked

“Best thing that has ever happened to me Sweetheart, not only do I get a son I also get the most beautiful woman I have ever seen to be by my side for the rest of our lives” Lucca took Eve into his arms, kissing her as if she were going to disappear any second, when Eve pulled away his lips made their way down to her neck.

“It’s going to be a girl and you know it, you are just too scared to think of how you are going to be when all the boys start taking an interest in her. Lucca we are going to be late if you don’t start getting ready”

“So let’s be late, I know the boss he will let us be an hour late” Lucca whispered in her ear before beginning to remove her silk blouse.

“One day I will be able to say no to you” Eve mumbled as Lucca picked her up carrying her towards their bed.

“Not if I have anything to say about it my love.”

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

6 Months later

“Congratulations you two, you are going to have a beautiful baby boy” The doctor announced and Eve didn’t even want to look at Lucca knowing that she would see the smug look on his face from being right.

“Oh baby I can’t believe it, you are giving me a son” Eve looked up and saw a look of complete awe on Lucca’s face; he looked like all his dreams had come true. Eve almost felt bad for thinking his first response would be happiness that he was right

“And now when we have a daughter I will have one more person to make sure no boys come near her” Lucca added, and there was the smug look she had expected.

“Lucca you won’t be scaring all boys away from her, and we may never even have a daughter so let’s not start an argument already” Eve glared at him while she straightened her clothes after the doctor had wiped the gel from her tummy.

“Come on beautiful let’s go feed this growing son of mine”

“We both know I’m not beautiful anymore. I feel like I am as big as a house” Eve replied when they had gotten into Lucca’s cars.

“Eve don’t ever say that again ok? You are the most beautiful woman I have seen, you just get more and more beautiful every day, seeing you grow with our son just makes me want you all that much more, you have to realize that by the fact that I can’t keep my hands off you baby” Lucca said with such conviction that Eve had no choice but to accept what Lucca was saying was true, and he had seemed to want her all the time, at home if they were cooking dinner or just relaxing, he wanted her. At work when they had a free minute or when they stopped for lunch, he wanted her. Eve never thought that she would get so lucky to have a husband who still wanted her as much now she was 7 months pregnant as he did when they spent their first night together.

Sitting back at her desk Eve thought back on the last 6 months, after returning back from their honeymoon some of the woman that she had got along with had suddenly become cold and have given her more dirty looks then she had received in her whole life, she just ignored them, if they wanted to think badly of her then they could go right ahead.