Andrew - the breakfast club

Lauren POV

It was Saturday and I had detention great.

I was sitting in my car whilst my mother gave me a lecture on why going to the mall with my best friend Claire was bad and why I should put my education first blah blah blah bullshit bullshit bullshit.

I got out of the car in the middle of her rant and walked inside I sat at the front left table in the middle. I looked forward and saw Claire her eyes widened in hope as she saw me and sat down next to me with a smile.

A kid called Brian came in next and sat behind me and Claire.

Then a boy in a varsity jacket came in. I think his name was Andrew but I wasn't quite sure. He looks at me and then the seat next to me asking if he could sit there and I  shrugged saying I didn't care if he sat there or not.

Then a guy in a large coat and sunglasses came in wrecking the place in process whilst moving to the table Brian was sitting at and told him to move.

Lastly a girl in all black clothing came in and sat at the back in a strop. Me Andrew and Claire have a slight giggle at the girls annoyance.

As the day went on Vernon had come in and yelled at us a bunch of times because we were to loud and because bender broke the door.

It was lunch time and Vernon has asked me and Andrew to go get some sodas from the teachers lounge.

"This sucks" he sighs as we walk down the long hallway.

"I know I just want it to be over" I reply.

He turns to me and says "you know for a popular girl you don't seem like the rest of them or like Claire I mean you guys are best friends but complete opposites. She's been botching the whole time and trying to make people feel bad for her yet you've not once stuck up for her. You've reminded her of her place. You've yelled at John for making fun of Brian. I mean your the complete opposite of what I though you were.

"Thanks I guess. I mean I get what people think when they lol at me. Just another snobby rich girl who cares about how she look and wants everyone to look up to her and worship her when I'm the complete opposite. I don't care what people think about me but I care about others way more then myself because I know how it feels to be pushed down and told your nothing. I sight.

"Wow that's deep" Andrew says it's a smile.

I smile back.

Along our little journey to the teachers lounge and back we didn't talk but I saw Andrew looking at me once in a while.

Much later on after everyone except Alison got high, we were sitting in the circle talking  about life and other shit. Claire had cried twice because bender pushed her buttons. Brian has cried because Claire pushed his buttons and by the end of it we were all laughing and dancing around.

Claire was busy giving Alison a make over whilst me and Andrew were talking behind a bookshelf.

"You know I really like you Lauren" he says
"I know and I like you too" I smile
"Your just different and o think I need that in my life. A little difference." He smiles as we lean in and our lips meet.

We all headed out and before I could open my car door Andrew had turned me around and gave me a sweet and gentle kiss. I slid my number into his hand and said "I can't wait till Monday so call me when you can" I say before slipping into my car.

As I looked back I saw him do a tiny fist pump before stepping into his car.

What a day.