Chapter 5 // Night

Kara sat on the edge of her bed, she looked back at Lena who was sleeping soundly, holding Kara's pillow tight. Kara sighed and put her head in her hands, looking at the ground. Kara slowly closed her eyes and internally screamed. Her whole body stiffened because it felt terrible- she felt terrible.

Kara looked up again and at Lena. She sighed when she saw the woman sleeping peacefully. Kara stood up, grabbed some clothes and while dressing she walked to her balcony and sat down, looking at the stars up above since it was a clear day in National City.

Kara blinked a few times and with that, a tear made its way down her face. She put her hand on the path it made, feeling her hand getting wet. Another tear fell down and another and another... she put her hand down and tightly grabbed the railing of the balcony, hearing it bend underneath her fingers. Kara closed her eyes, silently taking the sounds in of the nightlife... of Lena's heartbeat. Which wasn't what it was supposed to be, so Kara's eyes flew open and she quickly looked directly at Lena.

The other woman was only wearing a bathrobe, hugging her body, standing there waiting for Kara to do something.

Kara finally spoke up after some minutes "I-I just couldn't sleep." Lena nodded and made her way over. Kara held out her arm and Lena sat down beside her on the balcony, her head resting against Kara's shoulder while she looked up.

"Are you okay?"

Kara sighed and said "No, I don't think so. But I will be."

"Okay, good. Maybe we should go back to bed. I-Sleep will do wonders." Kara nodded and yawned. With that she stood up and held her hand out for Lena to grab, together they walked back to the bedroom and laid down. Lena nuzzled in Kara's side again, with a sigh Kara closed her eyes and held Lena tight. With that, she fell asleep.

Kara silently walked to her kitchen, she just woke up five minutes ago but it was already about seven. And knowing Lena, that meant Lena needed to work. So Kara quickly prepared some eggs and walked back with a tray in her hands to her bedroom. There she looked at the sleeping beauty and simply said: "Lena, it's time to wake up."

Lena mumbled something and turned so Kara said again "Lee, it's time to wake up." And with that Lena opened her eyes and tiredly rubbed them. Kara walked over and sat on the edge of the bed, tray still in hand. Lena sat up and with that Kara placed a kiss on Lena's lips who mumbled something again, which even Kara couldn't understand.

Kara placed the tray on Lena's legs and said: "Enjoy, I am going to make myself some breakfast." Lena nodded and with that Kara walked back, for some reason she had this weird feeling in her stomach after that kiss. But she felt great.

Kara quickly made herself some food and ate it, sometime later Lena emerged from Kara's room, fully clothed. The first thing she said made Kara almost spit out her food "I had to borrow some panties since somebody thought they were perfect to be shredded."

In the end, Kara regained her composure and shrugged. Lena chuckled which made Kara raise an eyebrow. She put her hands up in defense and walked over to Kara, placing a kiss on the other woman's mouth before saying "I need to work, thank you for last night."

Kara chuckled when Lena thanked her again knowing the woman for some reason felt the need to thank Kara. The door opened and Kara yelled, "Don't forget about Friday!"

Lena almost closed the door before she said: "I won't!" And with that Kara formed this grin on her face, feeling proud and feeling powerful. Since Lena immediately stopped playing when Kara dared her to go further. Which was good, it would learn Lena what to do and what not. Because she should never mess with Kara, and that was a true fact.

Kara leaned back in her chair after putting another bite in her mouth. She was still grinning and grabbed her phone, opening her conversation with Alex 'Hey Alex, Lena will be joining us Friday.'

It took a minute or two before Alex texted back 'Okay, why?'

'I invited her, she could use some distraction and friends.'

Alex answered within seconds 'Sure, could she take some booze with her? I don't want Maggie to feel left out.'

Kara smiled and typed back 'Fine. See you later!'

'Yea, see you later.'

Kara closed their conversation and went to her chat with Lena 'Hey Lee, don't forget to bring beer or something with you. Since it is some sort of stupid newcomers rule.'

Lena texted back seconds later, indicating she was in her car or something 'Okay, what?'

Kara thought for a moment and then just chose the only two things she had in mind 'Beer, whiskey? I don't drink so yeah... not the best help here.'

Lena responded almost immediately 'You don't drink? Wow... such a prude.'

Kara frowned and quickly typed back' And you are a tease. And you know what happens to people who tease.'

Again Lena texted back within seconds. 'Yes, yes. Sorry.'

Kara got this gigantic grin on her face and grabbed another bit of food and put it in her mouth before responding 'Good girl.' And with that, she turned off her phone. She quickly ate further seeing the time on her clock in the living room and all but flew to her job, trying not to be late. Which she actually was. But she didn't mind Snapper yelling at her because at lunch Lena showed up, with a bag full of food, ready to be eaten. They talked about game night and Lena suggested that they would practice, so they would be the perfect team together. Which would be difficult because the Danvers sisters were unstoppable. But she didn't mind trying so that evening they practiced a couple of things...