Chapter 8 // Consequences

"We need to talk"

Kara saw the immediate reaction of Lena getting scared so she quickly said "Maybe we could sit on the couch. I- I am not breaking up with you. I could never." Lena nodded and simply walked to the couch in her office.

They both sat down on the couch and with that Kara started with the thing that could ruin everything. "You remember a couple days ago when you finally started to be more- touchy?" Lena nodded "I-I-I didn't know we were in a relationship. So I- I might have been acting, but-"

Lena cut her off by saying "You did what?" Lena stood up, her back to Kara. Through gritted teeth, Lena said "Out." And pointed at the door.

"But-"

Lena was yelling now "Out."

Kara quickly stood up and rushed out of the door. Since Lena never raised her voice unless it was in bed. So Kara quickly went out of the building and flew up into the air, crying loudly. She rushed towards her house and just sat there, her head in her hands. It took about an hour for her to finally calm a little down. She grabbed her phone and dialed Alex' number, she called it and said when Alex answered between her sniffing "Come to my house."

And with that, she ended the call. She sat down and thought about what was happening and how she was going to fix it. She absolutely had no idea if it would turn out the right way, so she hoped Alex had some good advice.

After fifteen minutes the door opened and in came Alex, but Kara didn't see it. She was staring at the television, which wasn't turned on, in front of her. Alex was by her side in no time, holding the sniffling woman. Kara leaned into Alex and said, "I fucked up."

Alex raised an eyebrow and asked, "What did you do?"

Kara sighed and put her head in her hands again, sitting up. She mumbled something unhearable so Alex said "What?"

Kara sighed again "Do you remember game night?" Alex nodded "And how Lena was all touchy with me?" Another nod "Do you remember when you asked what we were to each other and I said 'girlfriends'?" A nod "Well a couple days ago I didn't even know that Lena and I were in a relationship. But now- Now everything feels fucked up because I told her the truth. I told her that I didn't know we were in a relationship. And the stupid person I was said that I was acting."

Alex sighed and asked, "Were you acting?"

Kara looked up and said "No-Yes, at first. But now- Now I am in so deep. It's just- There isn't a day where I want to not spend it with her. I want to wake up with her, welcome her home when she arrives home and things like that. She- She became the home I lost."

Alex nodded "You really fucked up, that's right," Kara visibly winced "But I am not going to yell at you. I will do that later, but not today-not now. Now I am going to give you the best sister advice there has ever been," Kara looked at her with hopeful eyes, wanting to know whatever the advice would be. "Go get your girl."

Kara's face fell as she simply shook her head "She is mad- like she raised her voice mad. Lena never raises her voice, only on one other place but that's logical."

Alex' eyebrow shot up as she looked confused, suddenly her confused look turned into one of disgust as she exclaimed: "A sister doesn't need to know that Kara!"

Kara grinned and nodded "You are right, that's why I was vague about it."

"Okay, enough about you and your sex life," Another look of disgust, "I think the one rule that is there for lesbianism is that: Kiss the girls you want to kiss. But in the end I think this is better: Live your life like you want to live it and fuck the consequences. I know you should have been truthful and said better words. But Kara, Lena is in too deep. She is just trying to protect herself from you since she thinks you don't like her- heck you even love her so it's so much better! But it means you need to act on your feels and pursue the girl. You need to go to Lena and say you love her,"

Alex sighed and continued "I'm going to make sure you don't have any Supergirl business so that you can be there for days if needed. Just stay there, don't help. You need to be selfish for once and get the girl," Kara nodded and Alex patted her knee "I am proud of you that you spoke the truth and didn't lie anymore. I might be disappointed but if you fix everything than all will be well."

Kara nodded again and stood up. She paced a couple times around the room before saying "You're right. I should just fuck the consequences and get her. Make her my priority and not like before and the half-hearted dates. Thank you Alex. I-I needed this. And you are allowed to yell at me when I have the girl. Just- not yet." Alex nodded and stood up. She quickly hugged her sister and with that she said goodbye.

Kara sighed and sat down on her couch. She looked at her hands and knew it. And with that, she sped out of her apartment, the biggest building of National City. Kara knew she hurt Lena, but she also knew she could fix it. She could fix everything. She only needed to be a hero and not some sort of weakling. She needed to be the best of the best. Not a God but a lover, somebody with a heart filled with love ready to give it away. And her person who would receive all of it was there, in the highest tower on the top floor.