Chapter 3: The Dragon's Call (Part 3)

(Evangelina's POV)

I was exploring the town after I had delivered the medicine I needed. I had already filled a basket with flowers and other things I liked. It was a pleasant day so far. As I walked I noticed a crowd and I thought I could hear my brother and another familiar voice. 

I made my way to the front of the crowd and I saw Merlin and Arthur?! "Hey, come on, that's enough." My brother says stepping on a target shield thing.

"What?" Arthur asked stifling a laugh.

"You've had your fun, my friend." Merlin tells him. I was a little confused, I must have missed something earlier. 

"Do I know you?" Arthur asks advancing on my brother

"Oh, I'm Merlin" My brother introduces himself holding his hand out.

"So I don't know you" Arthur says ignoring my brother's friendly gesture.

"No" Merlin  responds putting his hand down

"Yet you called me 'friend.'"Arthur looks at my brother almost confused but amused at the same time. My brother chuckles.

"That was my mistake." He says

"Yes, I think so." Arthur seems to look down on him almost. I was very concerned about what was happening in front of me.  Arthur was dressed in armor and he had deadly weapons with him while my brother was in regular clothes, if a fight were to breakout Merlin would surely lose.

"Yeah. I'd never have a friend who could be such an ass." I internally facepalm at my brother's words. Merlin turns to walk away but this time Arthur decides to pick a fight, well more than a fight already have been picked.

"Or I one who could be so stupid."  Merlin stops. "Tell me, Merlin, do you know how to walk on your knees?" Arthur says with a smirk. 

"No" Merlin responds turning back around.

"Would you like me to help you?" Arthur threatens still smirking. I knew that if I didn't step in soon something bad would happen.

"I wouldn't if I were you." Merlin responds stupidly.  My eyes widen 

"He's gonna get himself killed!"  I think. Arthur chuckles at my brother.

"Why? What are you going to do to me?" He asks not threatened by my brother.

"You have no idea." Merlin says with the confidence of a knight. I don't know what Merlin was thinking!

"Be my guest! Come on! Come on! Come oooooon." Arthur taunting Merlin with his arms out. That's when I decided enough was enough. I stepped forward out of the crowd.