Chapter 4: The Dragons Call (Part 4)

(Evangelina's POV)

I wake up the next morning feeling very sore. Apparently, training in your dreams affects your real body...great...

I sigh and get dressed. Leaving my room still a little groggy Gaius greets me.

"Good morning Lina, how was your sleep?" He asks. I smile at his cheerful mood and sit down at the table ready for breakfast.

"It was good. How did you sleep?" I say in response. He puts down a sandwich in front of me and continues on his work.

"I slept well, thank you." I nod and start to eat. "Lina after you're done I want you to get me some herbs: henbane, wormwood, and sorrel. And deliver this to Morgana. The poor girl's suffering from nightmares." He asks me.

"Of course." I say quickly finish then head out the door.

~<3~

I finish gathering all the herbs and head to Lady Morgana's room. The door wasn't closed so I walked straight in as I do Morgana heads behind a changing screen,

"You know, I've been thinking about Arthur. I wouldn't touch him with a lance pole."She says getting undresses. "Pass me that dress, will you Gwen?" she says. 

"Um my lady, I do believe you have mistaken me for someone else. I'm Evangelina, we met yesterday. Er Gaius wanted me to deliver a sleep tonic to you." I explain. Lady Morgana pecks over the changing curtain and smiles.

"I'm sorry I should have checked to make sure you were Gwen but now that you're here could you help me?" She asks 

"Of course My Lady."  I say handing here the gown she asked for.

"Please, no formalities." I nod. 

"Um, so what were you saying about Arthur?" I ask trying to spark a conversation.

"The man's a total jouster! And just because I'm the King's ward, that doesn't mean I have to accompany him to the feast, does it?" She asks changing.

"No, I suppose not." I say

"If he wants me to go, then he should invite me, and he hasn't."

"He shouldn't just expect you to want to do with him. At least ask, just as a formality at least."  I say

"Exactly! So do you know what that means?" She asks.

"Um..."

"It means that I'm going by myself." I smile at her independence. "Oh, could you help me with the fastening?" She asks then a new voice pops up.