Chapter 6: Valiant (Part 2)

(Evangelina's POV)

After Merlin and Arthur finished training, I walked my brother back to Gaius's chambers. We walk in and Gaius chuckles at us.

"So, how was your first day as Arthur's servant?" He asked with a faint smirk on his face. Merlin reaches up and taps the side of his head.

"Do you hear clanging?" Merlin says before sitting down at the table. I chuckle at my brother before going over and start massaging his sore muscles.

"Ah! It was horrible and I've still got to learn all about tournament etiquette by the morning!" Merlin exclaims annoyed before muttering an incantation summoning a book to him.

"Oi!" Gaius exclaims before hitting the back of Merlin's head. "What've I told you about using magic like this?" Gaius asks sternly.

"If I could actually feel my arms, I'd pick up the book myself." Merlin responses rubbing the back of his head.

"You could have asked me to get it for you Merlin." I say with a small smile. He turned to me with a smile.

"Thank you Eva." He says kindly.

"Speaking of you Eva, a knight came by here asking for you earlier." Gaius says turning to me.

"Oh? What Knight?" I ask slightly confused. It's strange for a knight to be asking about me of all people.

"His name was Sir Valiant if I recall." I perk up at his name.

"ah yes. I met Sir Valiant earlier today, what could he want with me?" I ask still confused.

"He had a message from the king for you." I tense and my eyes widen.

"The king?!" My brother askes in shock.

"D-did I do something wrong?" I ask nervously.

"No, not at all. Actually, it's considered a reward." Gaius tells us.

"A reward?" I ask very confused.

"Yes, you will be a maidservant for Knight Valiant during the tournament." Gaius says. This shocked both me and my brother.

"WHAT?!" We yell in shock.

"Keep quiet you two, no need to yell" Gaius tells us with a slight scowl on his face.

"How is that a reward?" Merlin asked.

"In Camelot, it is a great honor to serve a Knight, especially during a tournament." Gaius explained to us. I take a breath and compose myself.

"When do I start my duties?" I ask

"As soon as possible. I was given a list of chores and things for you to do." He holds out a folded piece of paper.

"Best be on my way then. I'll see you two later tonight." I take the piece of paper and walk out.

~<3~

(Arthur's POV)

It was the day of the tournament and Merlin is putting my armor on me.

"Merlin, You do know the tournament starts today right?" I tell him slightly annoyed.

"Yes Sire" He responds almost glumly.

" Are you alright Merlin?" I ask slightly concerned.

"I'm fine sire." Then I realized something.

"Where's Evangelina?" I ask looking around trying to spot her.

"With Knight Valiant. She's been assigned as his maidservant for the tournament." My eyes widen at his words.

"What?!" I exclaim in shock. My Evangelina with another knight?! No! Wait...Did I just say

________________________________
Part 3 coming soon!
________________________________