Chapter 5

~Tuesday 6:45~

I decided to start making changes to how I want to actually be today, from now on I was going to become myself. I started out slow as to not kill my brothers entirely. I got up and got changed into this outfit.

 I got up and got changed into this outfit

And put on my mother's ring. I put my hair half up half down and pulled on random strands allowing them to flow freely and frame my face.

I put on some make up; mascara, blush and highlight as-well as some lip balm because we all know my lips are pigmented enough. I was happy at how I looked, I felt comfortable.

I walked down stairs, avoided the front room where my brothers where sat watching tv and eating breakfast and went to grab and apple, I washed it under the sink and turned around to find all of my brother in the doorway staring a me, jaws hung open

"Morning" I cheered

"Holy hell" Tyler and Leo said simultaneously, I bit into my apple and walked into the living room and put on my bag, my brothers all followed.

"Mae, princess" Jack said slowly
"Why are you dressed like t.h.a.t" he stated

"Because I like how I look, why does it break the dress code violations" I shot back sassily

"I mean you look different, I'm used to seeing you in blue jeans and hoodies not whatever this is" He said in a lost, confused tone.

"I'm just trying to dress more like myself instead of how you expect me to dress" I said innocently

"You look like one of them that kids that hangs around the bleachers" Anthony scoffed

"Is that a problem" I snapped, they all looked at me and shook their heads "can we get going now please" I urged,

I wanted to get to school and hand out with my new friends. "Someone's eager this morning" Liam said with a chuckle, I smiled back and we left the house,

I got in the car and turned on the radio and hummed along as we drive I made general chit chat but there was still tension between all of us.

We got to school and I saw Vincent, Jess, Nick, Rusty and Amy stood at the gate entrance to the field waiting for me.

"Bye guys" I said as I walked away from my brothers and towards them, I ran up to Jess and gave her a quick hug then fist bumped with Vincent and high five everyone else before walking through the field gates and heading off to the bleachers for 20 minutes before the home room.

Anthony's P.O.V

Today Mason was dressed differently, a lot like them weird kids you see walking around, a lot like Vincent actually, but I kept my thoughts to myself not wanting to cause drama, she said to all of us it's was 'how she wanted to dress' so we let it slide. We drove to school and got there like 20 minutes early today.