A Lesson in Superiority

Flashback- 3 Years Earlier

A young teenager, with silver eyes and black hair with red tips being held up by a slashed Hidden Moon headband. Sat in a forest, eyes locked to the ground, oblivious to the approaching person. Either he didn't know, or he just didn't care. He didn't lift his head up until the person stopped about five feet away. What he saw, actually surprised him. He expected a hunter-nin, or at least a moon nin. No, it was another rogue ninja. From the rain to be exact. He wore a ominous black cloak cladded in red clouds. He had orange hair and all sort of black piercings and rods covering his face. However, his eyes were the most noticeable feature. His eyes were sort a light purple/violet color, with multiple different rings surrounding the pupils. The young boy slowly began to reach for his kunai pouch that was laying next to him before the person spoke.

Pein: I do not mean you any harm, but rather I want to provide you a chance for redemption. What is your name?

Y/N: Y/N, Y/N Rose. Why does it matter? Who are you?

Pein: It matters because I want to ask you to join me. As for who I am, we will discuss that later. If you choose to join me.

Y/N: Join you?

Pein: Yes, join me. It is an organization that is going to bring everlasting world peace. It is called the Akatsuki.

Y/N: ..... Alright I'll join you.

Pein: Good, come with me. Within the Akatsuki we will not only bring peace, but your own personal goals will be accomplished as well.

The 16 year old Y/N Rose gathered his things and proceeded to follow Pein, back through the forest.

Present Day- Vale

Here he was. Standing here in the destroyed Kingdom of Vale and in front of him stood ninja from his partner's old village. But, what Y/N didn't get was why would Tsukino do something now? She never even made an attempt to retrieve him for years. So, why now and why here of all places?

Y/N: If you think I'll just lay down and die, your severely mistaken.

Yellow: Oh we know, but we will do everything we can to bring you down.

Blue: Indeed. You are a S-Ranked criminal. We can't just let you live.

Red: And after we're done with you. We'll go after the only other Akatsuki member in Vale.

Y/N: I will tell you this. If you can't beat me, then you don't stand a chance against Cross.

The four anbu unsheathed their swords and charged at Y/N. In quick succession, Y/N pulled out Vengeance Flare and switched it to its sword mode. Getting into a fighting stance, he awaited the shadow anbu. Blocking the first attack, he kicked the red masked anbu away. Ducking under another attack, he sweeped the blue masked anbu off his feet. Back flipping out of the black masked anbu's blade. He put his sword behind his back to block an attack from the yellow masked anbu. Swinging around, he attempted to punch Yellow but the anbu caught his fist. Flipping up, he kicked the anbu's sword away. He pulled Yellow's arm, causing the anbu to be pulled towards him. In quick precision, he tried to slash the anbu's stomach. The blade being stopped just an inch short due to Blue grabbing the blade. Blood dripped from Blue's hand, but he didn't let up. Looking over his shoulder, Y/N saw that Black and Red were back up and were closing in on him.