Rose-Sensei

Ruby was lying on the ground, panting hard. She honestly didn't think it would be this difficult. It didn't help that Y/N was constantly yelling at her.

Y/N: Come on! Is that all you got?! I thought you wanted to train, not lay around! A ninja must always be on guard!

     Ruby stood up and charged at her brother. Y/N immediately grabbed her arm and flipped her over his shoulder.

Y/N: In a real fight. You'd be dead.

     Ruby stood up and threw a punch at Y/N. He blocked it and countered by kicking her away.

Y/N: Dead. Again!

     The hood wearing girl stood up and once again rushed her brother. Head on. Y/N easily sidestepped her and kicked her feet from under her.

Y/N: Sigh. We have a lot to cover.

     Ruby was sitting on a rock and Y/N was standing in front of her.

Y/N: Number 1, Never charge head on without a way to escape if it backfires. If I was a real enemy, you would've been dead. Over 15 different times!

Ruby: Ahh, alright, alright, I get it.

Y/N: No, if you got it. You would have tried a different approach. After awhile, it became predictable. Everything you just did, I could see with my eyes closed.

Ruby: But, how do you see with your eyes closed?

Y/N: That's not what matters right now! Anyway, number 2, always have a backup plan you can fall on. If your main plan fails and you don't have a backup, your left with nothing and I'll tell ya. In the middle of a fight, that isn't good.

Ruby: What if the backup plan fails?

Y/N: Do your best and improvise. Number 3, never let your enemy catch your weakness. If they see your true weakness, they'll immediately know how to beat you.

Ruby: And if you don't have a weakness.

Y/N: Impossible. Everything has a weakness. I have a weakness and so do you. We'll continue the lessons later, right now we have to work on your hand-to-hand.

Ruby: And I can't use my sweet sweet Crescent Rose, why?

Y/N: I'll answer your question with a question. What if your opponent disarms you?

Ruby: Ehh, umm. Sigh, ok, I see your point.

Y/N: Exactly, now up. I want to run through different scenarios and how to counter or block each one.

     Y/N removed his cloak to reveal that under he was wearing a simple white shirt. Very different compared to the usual fishnet shirt he mostly has under. He also wore simple black sweatpants with black anbu sandals and to top it all off, he wore black fingerless gloves.

Ruby: Ok! What no-

     Ruby was cut off as Y/N a punch at her and surprisingly, she managed to block it.

Y/N: Good, however you must be able to act on instinct. Not fear. You feared that you would be hit, therefore you blocked.

Ruby: Alright, how about this!

     Ruby took her other hand and swung it at her brother. Y/N easily with barely any effort, locked her arm behind her back.

Y/N: Predictable. You practically told me you were about to attack. Sigh, ok I want to do a simple test.

Ruby: Ok?

Y/N: It is known as the bell test. (A/N: Seems familiar doesn't it?)

     Y/N proceeded to pull a single bell from his back pocket. Holding it between his thumb and pointer finger. The string just barely grazing the Akatsuki ring he had on.