The Resurfaced Rose

Y/N and Cross entered the Akatsuki base and the rest of the members were doing their own thing. Once the duo walked into the room, all the attention was on them. Pein walked up to them and demanded the mission report.

Pein: Was the missing successful?

Y/N: No. The mission was a failure. Even after we left Vale in ruins, Ozpin still refused.

Pein: Hmmm, very well then. You two have a week off. Do as you like. Kisame, Itachi, come with me. You have a mission.

     Kisame and Itachi followed Pein out of the room. Y/N began the walk towards their shared room. Cross was about to do the same before Hidan got in the way.

Hidan: Well shit. Your first mission, a failure. That is not gonna be good on your record.

Cross: At least I can come back from a mission with my head attached.

     Cross walked past a dumbstruck Hidan. Deidara and Sasori paid no mind and neither did Konan. Kakazu was glaring at his partner in annoyance.

Hidan: Ehhh! Hey, I like to see you say that again Schnee looking motherfucker! I won't hesitate to sacrifice you to Lord Jashin!

Kakazu: Shut up Hidan.

Deidara: Hn

Sasori: It is getting quite annoying.

Hidan: Well fuck you all!

     Cross entered the room a couple minutes later. Y/N had already put his gear away and hung his cloak up.

Y/N: What kept you?

Cross: Hidan.

Y/N: Ahhh, he was probably screaming some bullshit about Jashin and sacrifices.

     Cross replied with an "mm-hmm" before taking his weapon sheath off and proceeding to hang his cloak up next to Y/N's. He laid on his respective bed and turned toward Y/N with a curious gaze.

Y/N: What?

Cross: Ohh, its nothing. I'm just wondering why did you reveal yourself to your hyper sister? Thought you wanted to postpone a  confrontation.

Y/N: It was bound to happen. I just decided to speed somethings up. Plus, it's not like them knowing will hamper my progress.

Cross: You do you, I guess. Anyway I'm tired, I'm gonna go to sleep. Would really appreciate it if you can keep the volume to a minimum.

Y/N: I was gonna get something to eat anyway.

     Cross turned to his side and soon fell asleep. Y/N left the room and proceeded towards the kitchen. Once he arrived he saw Sasori was gone, Deidara was still sitting at the dinner table, working on a clay sculpture. Kakazu was casually watching TV, while counting his money. Hidan was gone, Kakazu probably nailed him to a tree. Last but not least Konan, she was simply listening to music while she cleaned up the kitchen. Y/N walked over to the fridge, but was stopped by Konan half way

Konan: Can you wait. Dinner is coming soon. It's Deidara's night to cook and he should really be over here getting it ready.

Deidara: I got ten minutes until I have to start, hn.

Y/N: Yeah I'll be fine.

     Y/N walked over to the table and sat across from Deidara. Deidara put his sculpture down and looked at Y/N.

Deidara: So, what happened? You rarely ever fail a mission, hn. Was it Cross?

Y/N: No, it was Ozpin. He refused before and even after we destroyed his entire kingdom, he still refused. It's not like it matters. I bet Leader-Sama will come up with another plan to take control of Vale.