Yeah, I Kinda Have Anger Issues (And Ice Powers, Oh The Irony)

~~~~~~~~~~ Dan ~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm gonna kill him! I swear to fucking Meerna I'm gonna slit his throat and drain his blood!" I screamed, pacing back and forth in front of the van, leaving deep footprints in the pavement beneath my feet.

I could feel the tingling spreading into my fingers, feel it itching to get out.

Squinting my eyes shut, I concentrated all of my anger into my right hand, pointing it at a tree standing a good bit away and letting go, feeling an ice-cold blast of power fly from my palm, shattering the tree into a billion tiny shards with an echoing boom. An angry grin split my face.

"Dan, calm the fuck down!" Jerry yelled, storming towards me in a rage. He barely came up to my hips, but even there I could feel the power running through his veins.

"I'm gonna kill him, I'm gonna kill him," I chanted to myself, a mantra, as I shoved past a fuming Jerry towards the back of the open van.

There sat Johnny, bloodshot eyes, cradling an unconscious Bella in his lap. The rage rose up in my throat once again, lighting me on fire. My nails dug into my palms as my eyes darted around wildly, taking in Bella's disheveled appearance, down her torn-leather clad body to her cut up face, all the way down to the bandaged stump where her left hand used to be.

Johnny slowly lifted his eyes from Bella, meeting my gaze. I saw nothing but pain in his three violet eyes, and with another surge I exploded another tree on the other side of the road, razor-sharp shards crashing to the ground.

"Dan, we've talked about this," Jerry growled, grabbing my wrists with his hands. "You know we can't afford to have the humans find this mess, they'll mess up everything!"

I ripped my hands from his grasp wordlessly, stalking over to the first tree I had shattered, leaning over it and channeling the ice-cold power deep in my chest. With a snap of my fingers, the world around me froze, fading to black and white, and the billion shards slowly starting shaking against the needles on the ground, clinking against one another in a symphony of sound, synchronized with the tree behind me. They started rising as if in slow motion, a few at first then more and more, high into the air, reforming the shape of the evergreen tree they once were. In a flash of vibrant color, all the energy sucked itself out of the air with a pop and the tree was back to normal, standing as tall and proud as it once was, waving slightly in the breeze.

"Happy?" I grumbled as I turned on my heel past a pale Jerry. He had never meshed well with my magic, ice and fire just didn't mix.

"Nothing you do is going to help her, you know that. Not even Laura's flower can heal an amputated hand."

Johnny.

I wheeled around, walking back to the van once again. "Revenge. I could get revenge. Everything that useless human made happen to Bella, I'm gonna do to him tenfold." I had done this before, felt this same anger, this same pain. And I would do the same thing to this kid as I had done to a hundred others before.

"You know she wouldn't want that, she never wanted any of this."

"I know. So, I'm going to want it for her." Leaving Johnny still cradling the unconscious Bella in his arms against one of the couches, I stalked around to the driver's side of the van, grabbing the keys from my pocket. Meerna, the stupid little smiling flower charms dangling from the ring were the worst things on this planet. Bella had always loved flowers, and none of us had ever been brave enough to protest her chronic decorating. Oh, Bella. My resolve heightened, I was going to torture that kid for as long as his human body could stand. Then I was going to kill him.

"Dan, think this through!" Jerry shouted from the other side of the van. "You don't even know how to find him! Think about what you're doing, we have limited time in this universe, we can't stand to waste it!"

"I may not know where the boy is, but I know where the Belzar are! And you know we need a human to summon Zarglath! Who better to sacrifice than the kid who cost Bella half her power?"

"We can pick up any human off the street! We don't need the damned kid!" Jerry walked around the front of the van, meeting my gaze calmly.

I stared Jerry straight in the eyes, straight down. "As of now, I invoke the blood debt you owe me, the debt you all owe me." I spun around in a circle, meeting the eyes of each person in our ramshackle little group. "You guys will all help me find and kill Arbor whatever his last name is, on the oath of Meerna."

Jerry clenched the handles of his knives and spat next to my foot, shooting me the iciest glare I had ever seen. But it would all be worth it when I could feel the life bleed from the human that had cost us so much.