All I Wanted Was A Freaking Cheeseburger

~~~~~~~~~~Arbor~~~~~~~~~~

"You guys are really going to sacrifice a teenager?" I asked incredulously, "to a demon?"

Johnny and Bella looked at each other, and then back to me.

"Yes?" the replied in unison.

"Look at him! He's just a kid!" He was sprawled out on the floor, black hair spread around him like a halo. He was slim, and he looked like he could be 18 at the oldest. Half the seniors in my school looked older than him! He didn't deserve to go through all the trouble that I had gone through, he probably had a family, and a life, and people that would miss him!

Dan leaned close to my ear, whispering "This was supposed to be you, so calm the fuck down."

I tensed, and he silence lingered on for a beat too long, broken by Johnny's "Hey, he's just one human. We're trying to save billions!"

I crossed my arms angrily, stalking over to one of the couches and sitting down, not even caring if Dan wanted to confine me to the floor. This was dumb as shit, this poor kid didn't deserve to die! He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, same as me.

"Anyways," Bella said, "Jerry and Cleo should be back any minute now, and then we can get going. As soon as the kid wakes up, we can start."

"I'm hungry," I wasn't going to acknowledge the fact that these aliens were going to save the world by destroying someone else's, it wasn't fair.

"Jeez bro, feed your human!"

"Shut up, Johnny," Dan replied, gesturing for me to follow him as he walked towards the moving shelf. He didn't even try to throw me down this time, which I counted as progress! I carefully made my way down the rungs, proceeding to follow him back to his room.

He opened the door, closing it behind me and pressing his thumb against the pad, locking it.

"You really got food in here?" I asked, looking around skeptically at the simple chest and set of two drawers under the desk.

"Kind of," he replied, pushing me to the side and opening one of the drawers, digging out a little box.

"God, come on," I said backing up to the door as he opened the box, "You know I'm not gonna take any weird alien shit from you again, not after I lost the ability to feel for 24 hours! Not down for that anymore, bud, you got anything else? Like a cheeseburger?"

"This is a perfectly good nutrition tablet!" He sounded exasperated, holding out a tiny white thing. But I couldn't bring myself to take some mysterious pill from this alien bitch. "For Meerna's sake, if you don't want it, don't take it." He spun around and put the box back in the drawer, slamming it closed.

"But I'm hungry!" I knew I shouldn't be testing him. He spun around, the metal hung heavier and heavier around my neck. We seemed to share the same thought.

As his hand was reaching into his pocket, I was lunging for him, latching onto his arm and pulling him down to the ground with my body weight. He wasn't going to shock me over a stupid nutrition tablet. He grunted as I landed on top of him, using both of my arms to try to wrestle the little box from him. I managed to wrap my fingers around it, trying to pry his fingers off, but he quickly regained control, grabbing my wrists and trying to flip me. "No!" I yelled, twisting my body and elbowing him hard in the place that no male organism would ever want to be elbowed.

He let out a yell, flinching hard, and I threw his arms to the side, watching the little box soar free from his loosened fingers and skitter across the floor. Leaning away from him, I tried to run after the box, but he grabbed my arm as I passed, regaining his bearings at record speed and twisting it hard behind my back. A yelp ripped its way from my throat as he used the leverage to flip me onto the floor, right into the place where he had just been.

He huffed out a heavy breath, slamming my hands down onto the floor to my sides, leaning close. "Why do you keep trying my nerves?" he growled into my face, blue eyes clouded with something that looked like anger.

I just grinned haphazardly, feeling his shallow breaths on my face drawing closer, feeling his body on mine, not even trying to fight him anymore, "Because it's fun."

With that, he closed the last inch between our lips, clashing together in a kiss. An electric shock, and not the bad kind, shot through my body and I gasped against his mouth, allowing him further access. He slowly let go of one of my wrists, bringing a hand up and tangling it into my hair, deepening the kiss.

It was short, lasting only a few electric seconds, ending with him jumping back faster than I thought possible. I laid there on the floor, stunned, as his eyebrows drew together and he pursed his lips, entire body tensing up.

"Stay here, we should be there in a few hours," he said quickly, then spun on his heel and stalked out the door without another word.

"What the fuck!" I screamed hoarsely as the door slammed shut. The alien bitch boy had just put his tongue in my mouth and then ran away! First, he was trying to torture me, then he was trying to fuckin make out with me? Bipolar asshole. I grumbled profanities to myself as I shook myself off, pushing away the past few minutes, fully intending on going through all of his stuff. It was all on him for leaving me in his room alone.