|Vegeta|Payback

Warning! Angst ahead!

Request for twxstedblxss! I hope its angsty enough for ya' ;)

"I can't- I can't do this anymore, Vegeta. I can't. I can't-!" Your voice shook with every breath you took. With a swift motion you wiped the hot tears from you cheeks, only to feel them fall right back down again.

"Woman!"

"I'm sorry-! I know, I know! I'm weak and-"

"Woman, look at me."

"I'm sorry-"

A gloved hand grabbed onto your chin and pulled your attention towards him. Your eyes met Vegeta's. You had expected anger to refelct upon his eyes, but only concern did.

"Woman, (Y/n), listen to me," Vegeta moved his hand from your chin. "We will not live in slavery much longer. When Baby Raditz comes back with his weakling brother, we are going to attack. I believe I am strong enough to become the legendary super saiyan. Then I'll kill Frieza, slowly and painfully."

You looked at him, and couldn't help but smile. He was so sure of himself; So confident in his abilities. With all your heart, you wanted to believe he would kill Frieza, and you tried all you could to believe it. After all, you trusted the saiyan prince.

"Yeah, I know."

"Then why are you crying? Stop it. You're stronger than that." Vegeta reached another hand to your cheek and wiped the tears from them.

You placed your hand ontop of his, causing him to freeze in place for a moment before he slowly retracted his hand.

Yet more tears ran down your cheek.

Maybe it was because you knew what the true outcome of your battle against Frieza would become.

...

You didn't want to believe it. You were hallucinating, you had to be. You had to be. It wasn't happening. It wasn't. It couldn't.

Then you saw a flash of light. You wanted to do something to stop it, but you couldn't move. Not fast enough, anyway.

"Vegeta!!"

The purple beam shot straight through his chest, and he fell onto his back.

"Vegeta!!!"

You were running. The ground underneath you moved and you slipped, but you were closer to him.

"Vegeta!! Oh my god!" You leaned over him. "Vegeta!"

"(Y/n)," his voice was a low, scratchy whisper. "You h-have to defeat Frieza."

His gloved hand rached for your cheek, but you grabbed it and held onto it before he could.

"Vegeta.." You wanted to cry. You wanted to run and kick and scream. Rather you just held onto his hand even tighter.

"Y-you have to. Frieza has to die at the hands of a saiyan. I want it to be you."

You held back tears. You relased his hand and wrapped your arms around him. Your hands found his dark hair.

Frieza said something, then Kakarot did. There was shouting. You didn't care. You held Vegeta close. You held him tightly. You burried your head in the crook of his neck.

"I will." You said, even though you knew it not to be true. Tears were close to breaking.

"(Y/n). Look at me."

You lifted your head and looked at him. He was so beautiful. His eyes were dark, but full of so much light. He had beautiful eyes. Even when tears were built up around them.

"I let you down. I-I'm sorry."

That did it. Tears rapidly fell down your cheeks. But there was a smile on your lips. It was difficult to keep the smile.

"It's okay," You struggled to speak.

You watched as the light from his eyes faded. Then it was gone. You did nothing. His eyes were still beautiful.

The smile faded from your face and you were sobbing. You layed your forehead agaisnt Vegeta's. You held onto him tightly. You screamed. Tears continued to pour.

You stayed for awhile. You just cried. Until you finally sat up. Tears made your vision blurry.

"I will defeat Frieza," You said. You grabbed his hand again. You squeezed. "I'll get payback. I promise."

You turned back to where Frieza had been. He wasn't there. He was fighting Kakarot.

You were mad. You were pissed. You were livid.

He took everything away from you, and that damn lizard was going to pay. He was going to pay for all of it.

---

Idk bout y'all, but that was sad. For me anyway.