16

Elena went to see Elijah and quickly found him in the library.

"Hey!"

"Hello, lovely Elena!" Elijah said, making Elena smile shyly.

"I wanted to ask you for a favor but if it's too much a bother you can say no

"I wanted to ask you for a favor but if it's too much a bother you can say no." Elena said.

"What is it?"

"Back in Mystic Falls, I had Ric, who helped me training in case I would get in a fight and I was wondering if now you could be the one helping me with that."

"Why do you want to train? You are at most safety and I'll always make sure nothing will happen to you."

"I know. But... If I tell you something, will you promise you will keep it a secret. No one will know, not Bekah, not Klaus... no one." Elena whispered.

"Does it involve going against Niklaus's plans? Or hurting my family?"

"No." Elena quickly said. "It involves my nightmares."

"Your nightmares...?"

"Yes. I have been thinking and... usually dreams are our unconscious revealing our fears and desires... I think because I stopped training, I'm starting to fear that I won't be able to take care of myself. I hate that feeling, Elijah. I already feel like a prisoner in this house... I don't want to feel weak too. Besides, we never know if someone will appear and try to hurt us because of Klaus's plan."

"Elena, do not worry. This stays between us. And I shall help you keep training. But we should do it in the safe house." Elijah said. "The training will start tomorrow and will be after breakfast. I need you to tell me which weapons you know how to use so I can test your ability and teach you how to use new weapons. Of course, we will also train fighting without weapons."

"Elijah, I don't want to hurt you..."

"I'm an Original."

"I know. And I know you will only die with a white oak stake but... wooden stakes and vervain can still hurt you and I don't want to hurt you."

"You will have to get pass through that. If you don't, we will never be able to get you to your full potential. There's a reason to why soldiers act with reason and not with emotion."

"I'm not a soldier, Elijah. And I can't just stop caring about things and people. I'm human, I can't just decide to stop having feelings." Elena said.

" Elena said