87

A woman was looking at something that looked like a catch dreamer but was actually something that made her able to see what was happening in a place where she had an identical object to it.

"What do you see?" A man asked.

"Niklaus and the blonde girl are on good terms again." The woman said.

"How? Wasn't she furious at him?" Another man asked.

"Apparently she forgave him." The woman said and one of the men, started to smile.

"Why are you smiling? This is not what we want!" One of the men said.

"Because it's clear that Niklaus has a weakness. It's not just the baby... He has feelings for the girl too. She is his weakness." The older man said.

***

Klaus was now on the kitchen preparing a hot chocolate milk with small marshmallows that Caroline asked when he suddenly felt something, he had this sudden feeling that something was off, which made him go run to the nursery, where Caroline was, to make sure she was alright.

"Klaus, are you okay? You look like you have seen a ghost." Caroline said.

"I-I simply... It was nothing. Forget it, love." Klaus said and gave her the hot chocolate. "Here you go."

"Thank you." Caroline said with a smile and after taking a sip of the milk with the marshmallows, she smiled even more. "This is great! Thank you... not just for the hot chocolate or for the nursery... thank you for everything you have been doing for me and our little one."

"I should be the one thanking you. Before I met you, I felt like I was drop in a cave without knowing where I should go, but then I met you and... you were my flashlight, you were the warm light at the end of the cave that lets me escape the darkness I've been surrounded by." Klaus said. "I need you to promise me something."

"What is it?"

"Promise me, that you will always be careful. I know sometimes you can be way too stubborn and put yourself in danger. Please try to avoid doing that from now on. I need you. Our baby needs you." Klaus said.

"I promise, I will always be careful." Caroline said.

Suddenly they heard the door of the kitchen open and saw Liz Forbes with the phone in her hand.

"Let me guess. Mystic Falls needs the Sheriff." Caroline said with a smile even if she was sad that she wasn't able to spend much time with her mother.

"Actually, I called them and I was able to get some free time." Liz said.

"Wait. What?" Caroline asked in disbelief.

"Yes. I mean, I'm about to be a grandma, and I wanna spend some time with you and pick the clothes with you and having some time with you. I know you try to call me every chance you get and you text me all the time but it's not the same. I want to spend some time with my little girl." Liz said and Caroline hugged her mom.

"I'm gonna tell the girls. And I'll see which room you can stay at. This is going to be so awesome!" Caroline said excited and quickly left the kitchen.

Once Caroline was gone from the kitchen, Liz's smile faded away and she looked at Klaus.

"Now, that's just the two of us, I can say that I am going to stay here to make sure you won't hurt my daughter. She's everything to me. She's my family. If you hurt her, I will find a white oak stake. And if you think I will just kill you... You are very mistaken. I will torture you until you beg for death. I am from the Founder's Council, meaning I know very well how to torture people like you. I hope Caroline is right and that you are actually worth of all the chances she gives you and of being the dad of that child." Liz said.

"Liz, I appreciate how protective you are of Caroline. But I assure you that Caroline and our baby are the best thing I have. I would die for them. And I do not think I'm worthy of them. But Caroline is now giving me a chance and I want to do my best to be a good father and a good partner. I do love her... more than anything." Klaus said.

AN: Hey guy! How are you? I hope you're all staying safe. I have to admit, I'm in a huge writer's block, so I'm sorry if this wasn't a big chapter nor a great one. I'm really trying but sometimes the writer's block just doesn't go away. Anyway, I hope you guys are doing well and if you ever wanna talk you can always DM me. Love you guys! ❤️