46

Caroline was in her new room, freaking out because she was starting to find harder and harder to keep her distance from Klaus and to hide what happened to her.

Caroline could feel Klaus being more curious about her past and wanting to find out what happened that made her dislike compulsion and drinking from the vein. Caroline was scared of what would happen once Klaus would figure out what she's been hiding from her past, which was driving her crazy, so she decided to do what she usually does when she feels like she is going crazy, she called her best friend Stefan, the one she would confide in, especially when was something related to vampires.

"Hello?" Stefan said.

"Hey! It's Caroline."

"Oh... Hey! What's up?"

"You know how I usually call you, asking you to tell me that I'm not crazy...?"

"Yes."

"I need to talk with someone because I'm going crazy."

"Care, you are not crazy

"Care, you are not crazy. I'm on my way." Stefan said and hung up, quickly appearing on Caroline's room.

"I'm sorry for calling you but..."

"You don't have to apologize. Just like you are there for me, every time I need my sober sponsor, I'm here for you when you feel that you are going crazy." Stefan said, making Caroline smile, appreciating Stefan being such a good friend. "Now, tell me. What's going on?"

"I think Klaus is starting to be very curious about the reason why I don't like compulsion nor drinking from the vein." Caroline said. "And I'm afraid of what would happen if Klaus would find out why... you know..."

"Do you think he is suspicious?"

"I don't know. I just know that whenever we argue about compulsion and drinking from the vein, he starts to make questions about why I'm so against it and how I know so well what's like to have someone compelling you and... I just don't want him to find out." Caroline said and Stefan hugged her.

"No one will say anything. Even if he starts to wonder, no one will make him be certain of his suspicions." Stefan said.

"Maybe... But once he starts to wonder if I used to be compelled and do things I didn't want to... he will... doesn't matter."