Always and Forever~ Brian May

"Bri! When can I see you again?" I question, staring at my best friend with fake protest.
"I'll call you tonight and we can talk about it then Y/N! Love you!" He replied, giving me a quick hug and running to catch up with the band.

I had known Brian since we were kids and had been best friends for goodness knows how long, but recently I could feel us drifting apart. He had been so busy with the band and their success, we never could find time to meet up. Each time he promised to phone, he did. Each day when he phoned, we talked. Each time, the calls got shorter and shorter. I missed him.

"Guys I really better call Y/N, I promised her..." Brian tried, fighting against the rest of the band who were intent on having some fun on tour.
"Brian. Is she your girl? No! Then don't fret about missing one call!" Roger points out.
"But she's my best friend! And I do love her!" He protested, looking really down. The band continued to party and drink the night away but he couldn't focus. He had something weighing him down...

"Y/N, I'm so so sorry I didn't call last night. I think you're at work now so won't receive this message but call me back. Love you..." Brian left a message on my voicemail but I didn't want to call him back. He'd upset me by failing his promise and left me to wait by the phone all night. As much as I loved him, I didn't want to hold him back from his future, which I knew I couldn't be a part of....

"How's Brian? You heard from him lately?" My gran asks when I went to visit her. I could tell her everything and I desperately needed a second opinion.
"Gran, truthfully, I don't think he needs me anymore!" I exclaim, fiddling with the case of the cake she had forced me to have.
"Oh darling, let me tell you something... Your grandad and I were best friends when we were young and I could feel us drifting apart but you know what it was? We were both in love, with each other! We were too scared to admit it and thought we should run away, so sweetie, give him a chance." Gran told another insightful anecdote, giving me food for thought. What if I did love him? What if he loved me? What if we needed to be honest with each other?
The next day I had to drag myself into work. I'd been up all night thinking about what Gran said and the fact that I could be in love with Brian, but luckily work took my mind off it for a while.

I was behind the tills after my break, at least I could talk to someone, but I could just feel like something was off...

"Hiya, welcome! Did you find everything you needed today?" I asked as a man approached my station.
"Yes thanks love!" He replied, placing his stuff down for me to scan. "I know it's a blunt question, but are you seeing anyone currently? Its just you're so beautiful I couldn't help myself!" He announced smiling widely.
"Um, well it's complicated..." I answered, blushing.
"Oh darling, clearly he doesn't care or he wouldn't make you feel like this! Let me buy you a drink?!" He said, half asking, half telling. I thought about it for a moment bit decided to politely decline. I took his money and gave him his groceries and he left...

"Brian? Is that you?" I questioned when the call had connected.
"No this is Rog, what do you want?" He replied bluntly.
"Um, well I'd like to talk to Brian please?!" I said, raising my voice.
"Alright there darling, calm down, can't have a pretty face like your ruined by stress can we? I'll pass you over." Roger remarked, leaving the conversation and passing over the phone.
"Oh my god, Y/N, I thought you were mad at me!" Brian said breathlessly.
"How can I be mad? I just really want to see you?!" I replied, hoping he'd want to see me too.
"Of course darling, I want to see you too but we are so busy, we'd never see each other..." Brian tried.
"Okay, bye..." I put the phone down.

I'd had enough, I was going to see Brian even if he didn't want to see me! I'd find where their next concert was and travel down there tonight! What could go wrong?

Later that night, I had tracked them down to Liverpool and had packed some essentials in a bag. My train ticket was all booked and I was ready to go! I took one deep breath and let all of the anxiety leave with the exhale...