Ocean Eyes~ Roger Taylor

"Honey can you grab me those extra plates please!?" My mum asked as she frantically hurried around the house, getting ready for a new arrival.
"Yeah sure!" I said, handing her the stack of plates. "Mum, this will be fine! We've had bands here before, why is this one any different?" I asked, pulling her into a hug to try and calm her down.
"It's just that your father is good friends with their manager and he promised that they would be well looked after, I can't handle all of this pressure Y/N! There's too much to do!"
"Mum, please relax! You go, sit down and I'll set the table okay!?" I instructed, guiding my mum towards the sofa and returning to the dining room to set the table.

I can understand why Mum was so stressed, Dad had become very close to John Reid while he was working in the music business and now John had asked if his new band could come and record at Ridge Farm, our farm. Of course Dad said yes, after leaving the business he was at a loose end! He missed the hustle and bustle of each day, meeting new people and discovering amazing music. He decided to convert one of the barns into a recording studio so he could still do what he loved. But this meant we had new bands arriving every so often, some staying for a week and some staying much longer.

"Oh my god! They're here!" Dad shouted excitedly, running towards the front door and flinging it open wide. Mum and I couldn't help but chuckle at his pure childish excitement.
"Who's this new band then Mum?" I asked as we watched Dad reunite with Reid and meet the four band members.
"I think your father said they were called Queen!? Not too sure darling, I've heard a bit of their work from your Dad, they seem like your kind of music!" Mum explained as we walked across the gravel drive to meet 'Queen'.

"Goodness me! Boys, this is Sadie my wife and Y/N my daughter. Guys this is Queen! I'll let the boys introduce themselves..." Dad said, his excitement still bubbling away inside him.

The first to step forward was a dark haired man with gorgeous tanned skin. He shook both of our hands and smiled subtly, covering his mouth with his other hand. Then was a tall man with very curly hair, he smiled broadly as he introduced himself and thanked my Mum for her hospitality. A quiet man was next to step forward, he had long, brown hair which reached past his shoulders. He shook our hands without saying much and smiled widely. Finally was a blonde man with the most beautiful blue eyes you could ever see. He introduced himself and shook our hands, I was unable to respond. It was like those eyes put me under a spell and muted me. I could already sense trouble...

After welcoming the boys I quickly escaped to the stables, followed not far behind by our golden retriever Poppy. I decided to tend to the horses for a while, in attempts to clear my head after making a complete fool of myself in front of a well known rock band and my parents. I groomed and mucked out the three horses we had: Lolly, Spence and Queenie, before being called by my mum for dinner. I ran through the back door of the house and up to my room to get changed before having tea with my parents and the band. I decided on a simple, summer dress with large, flared sleeves which I loved for warm evenings like this.

"Hi darling, you okay?" My mum asked as I returned back downstairs for the meal she had prepared.
"Yeah I'm good thanks, do you need a hand?" I replied as she handed me a handful of cutlery to set out for each space- seven in total.

Seconds later, the band walked in. They were all laughing about something, except Roger, the handsome blonde I'd made a fool of myself in front of. I continued to get the table ready, ignoring the boys laughter and helping my mum bring the dishes over.

Everyone had taken their places at the table and began devouring their warm, evening meal and making friendly conversation with one another. I was sat between my mum and John, the quiet bass player, but I could still feel eyes on me from across the table. Whenever I looked up, nobody was looking at me but despite all of that, I noticed a faint blush on Roger's pale cheeks.