Long way from home~ Ben Hardy

"Darling wake up! You're going to be late!" My boyfriend gently shook me awake before I missed my rehearsal.
"Mmh, I'm awake..."I replied, my eyes still tight shut. Do you ever have those dreams where you never want it to end? Well, I had a dream like that last night. It's been the same dream every night, the same one about Ben.

Ben. My best friend, I've not seen him in a year. Every time I go to call him he's asleep and if he does happen to pick up, Liam practically forces my hand and puts the phone down for me. I love Liam, don't get me wrong but I miss Ben. He was my first love and before that, my one and only friend. I wish I could go and see him, if only I wasn't so far from home...

"You look gorgeous baby, you'll blow them all away!" Liam said, kissing me lightly and escorting me to the taxi waiting for me outside our apartment. He waited until he couldn't see the car anymore before going back inside, the same as every time I go out alone. I appreciate his care but I wish he would back off.

"Welcome everyone to the production of Grease! I'd like to introduce you to our Danny. This is Sam, he's new to Broadway as well as our Sandy, Y/N! You'll be great guys!" The director introduced us to the rest of the cast and then left us to become acquainted with one another.
"Y/N, right? I'm Sam!" Sam approached me with his hand outstretched for me to shake.
"Yeah that's me, it's lovely to meet you Sam!" I replied, shaking his hand.

Throughout the day we ran through some scenes as well as some workshops to get us really into character. It was amazing, I had finally made it to the place I've dreamed of since I was little. I would've felt a little happier if Ben was here with me, I missed him terribly in moments which we dreamt of together.

"Hey Y/N! Do you want to come out for a drink with a few of us after we finish?" Sam asked with a hopeful smile.
"I'd love to Sam but I don't think my boyfriend would want me to go, he's very protective of me!" I said, oblivious to the fact that Liam was controlling my whole life. I only thought that he loved me so much he needed me to be safe.
"Oh that's a shame, I would've loved you to come. Call me anytime Y/N, I'll always be here for you!" Sam replied, a forlorn expression spread across his face. He handed me a small piece of paper with a series of numbers scrawled across it.
"Thank you Sam!" I said, giving him a tight hug. "I know I've only just met you but I can already feel we're going to be great friends!" I whispered, still in the embrace.

"Y/N!" An echoing shout boomed across the stage. A shout I could recognise anywhere. I quickly pushed Sam away and stared at the source of the voice. Sam looked over at me worried but I couldn't peel my eyes away from the figure stood a few feet away from me. I wasn't meant to be scared of this man, I was supposed to feel safe with him...

"Liam, baby, please calm down!" I quivered, my heart beating rapidly. My plea only made him more angry. "Calm down you say? How am I supposed to be calm when you're getting off with the first guy you see?!" Liam spat, his New York accent becoming thicker by the second. It was always the same when he got angry or stressed, his accent would come out in full force.

I was now edging backwards towards the top of the stage, as far away from Liam as I could be. I couldn't help but feel like this was all my fault, technically it was after all. I was the one hugging Sam when I knew Liam is so overprotective of me. All I wanted was to go back an hour and replay the events so differently. I would never have talked to Sam all day and I certainly wouldn't have hugged him, not if I knew Liam would be dropping by!

"Why are you running away from me little one?" Liam snarled, moving closer to me. Every time I did something he didn't approve of, I would be called 'Little One' as if I was a small child. How he said it was much more sinister however, a child would be called this to make them feel loved. I was called 'Little One' to be made fun of. "Liam, please... I didn't mean to upset you. I'm sorry..." These were the last words I would say on the Broadway stage.