Chapter 9

Bucky's POV
I was checking all of the doors and windows, then I heard Delilah whimper. I ran upstairs and saw she was thrashing around on her bed, breathing heavily, she grasped her metal bed frame. Then I saw something I never wanted believed, she crushed the metal in her hand. Her powers have started... I didn't believe she'd even have powers but I guess I was wrong. I sighed, then walked to her, taking her hand away from the metal and wrapping her hand around her plushie. She turned over, cuddling into her pillows, I sighed and checked her windows, making sure they were locked. I walked into Stevie's and my room, he was asleep, I smiled then checked out windows, I walked to the bed and got in, Stevie turned over and laid his head on my chest.
He whispered" Is she okay?"
I whispered" She has super strength."
" What?"
" She bent her bed frame."
" Hydra?"
" Yeah... go back to sleep, Stevie, we need rest."
" Are you sure it's safe for her to sleep?"
" Tony gave it the okay, Steve, you heard him yourself."
" Is the baby monitor on?"
" Yes, if she moves or wakes up, we'll hear her."
" Okay." I wrapped my arm around him, pulling him closer to me, I kissed his head, closing my eyes.
" Sleep well, punk."
" You too, jerk."
I woke up to Delilah tugging at my hand, I opened my eyes, looking at her. She rubbed her eyes, yawning, and whimpering,
I asked" Doll, what happened?"
She mumbled" I puked on my floor. I'm sorry."
" It's okay, it's okay, nothing to be sorry about." I got up, lifting her into my arms, she laid her head on my shoulder." Stevie, Delilah had an accident." Steve got up, he rubbed her back,
" I puked."
He said" It's okay, sweetheart, wanna come with me, we'll clean you up while Pops cleans up." She went over into his arms, she had puke on her mouth and shirt. They walked out, to the bathroom, I walked to the hallway and grabbed some cleaning supply. I walked to her room and turned on her light, I saw the puke... it wasn't the right color, it was dark red with stomach bile, and frozen bits. I cleaned it up quickly, making sure there was nothing left. Steve came into the room," What?"
I said" We call Tony in the morning, see if they have anything yet."
" What was it?"
" Blood, stomach bile, and frozen pebbles. Where is she?"
" In our room, asleep in the middle of the bed."
" Okay, let's get back to her." We walked to our room, I got on my side, Steve got on his. Delilah cuddled into me,
" Are you just warmer than me?"
" Yeah, probably."
" Jerk."
" Punk, go to sleep, she's okay." He closed his eyes, falling asleep quickly, I kissed Delilah's head and closed my eyes, falling asleep.

I woke up to the sun shining in, I sat up, carefully moving Delilah to Steve's chest. I grabbed my phone and called Tony, walking out of the room, closing the door.
Tony asked" Yes?"
I said" She puked up blood, bile and frozen pebbles... have you found anything?"
" We have something... but you're not gonna like it."
" What is it?"
" We will put her under a medical induced coma, give her the anti serum me and banner wiped up... she'll wake up in a few days. It'll completely get rid of the virus or whatever they have her with."
" A few days? How long is that?"
" We've calculated to three days max, 1 day minimum."
" Her abilities have been kick started, she bent her bed frame last night too."
" Oh great, we have a super kid on our hands. Bring her in, alright? We're all here and none of us are leaving till she wakes up."
" Alright, we'll be there soon."
" Okay." He hung up, I sighed then walked into the room, Steve was awake.
He said" So?"
I said" He's got a cure, but she has to be put into a coma."
" What? No."
" Steve... it's the only thing we've got, they've tried everything, and we don't have long till whatever is going on to snap... so we gotta take this."
" But... she could get hurt, or die. Bucky, are we really going to risk this?"
" Yes, we are. We'll talk more with Tony, we've gotta go." He nodded and gently woke her up, I walked out and packed up a bag for her.

Once we got to Tony's, Delilah was weaker than last night, so much weaker. She was barely standing on her own, wobbling a bit,
Tony whispered" We need to do this now, or I won't know what's gonna happen." I looked at Steve, he nodded his head, Banner came up, he crouched in front of Delilah.
He said" Hey, Lilah, can I see your arm?" She nodded, he took her arm and gave her a shot, she didn't even react. She fell and he caught her, standing up," We're gonna hook her up to everything we've got, she's gonna be just fine." He walked away with her, Peter following behind them so he could help.
" We have T'challa and Shuri on call, guys, nothings gonna happen to that little girl if I have anything to say about it."
Steve asked" Is this gonna affect anything?"
" Nope, once she wakes up, she'll be her normal, happy self."
" Okay."
" She'll wake up in 1 to 2 days."
" That's reassuring." We followed him into the med bay, and we saw Delilah hooked up to 10 or so machines. Brain waves, heart rate, pulse, blood pressure, Brain activity... I don't even know what's going on.

It's been 2 days, and waiting made it feel even longer, we heard beeping,
Banner said" Guys! She's waking up!" Steve and I bolted to the room, stopping at the bed, her eyes were fluttering open and close.
She mumbled" Wha happen?"
Steve said" Uncle Tony found a cure, and healed you."
" No more Hydra?"
" No more Hydra." I rubbed her hair back, she smiled at me, her eyes shined like normal. She was better, she was safe, and I hope she never has to go through anything like that again. Ever.

We were all together, Delilah was chasing Peter around, then she tackled him. She laughed loudly as he chuckled and wiggled, she jumped off him and ran to chase Sam. He swooped her up into his arms and spun around, she laughed then he put her down. Then she decided to try and stalk Nat, Nat knew she was behind her. Nat turned around and caught Delilah, Delilah squeaked then bolted to me and Stevie. She cuddled into our sides, smiling at us, I kissed her cheek, she giggled, then Stevie kissed her cheek. She tried to push his face away but failed, she was happy and that's all that mattered.