Chapter 11

I walked into school, heading to my class, yawning a bit, I listened to music, walking through the halls

Lunch came around quickly, the closer it got to the end of the day, the more anxious I was. I yawned, closing my eyes for a second, I opened my eyes and saw Peter walking to me. I squeaked, smiling, he laughed and ran to me. I stood up and jumped over the table and hugged him, he smiled and wrapped his arms around me.
I said" Peter!"
He said" Hey, Delilah!" He laid his chin on my head," You okay?"
" Yeah, I'm okay."
" Liar."
" I know I'm a liar... how'd you keep the secret from your aunt?"
" I knew it'd protect her, but then again, she's only human. She's not a hero or superhuman."
" But they're gonna be so mad, I've been lying to them for 2 months."
" They won't be mad, Delilah. They can't be mad at you for protecting people in the neighborhood."
" I'm supposed to be the perfect daughter to the perfect couple... and I'm not."
" You are perfect, Delilah, you and Nikki."
" Nikki is... but me, I'm not, I don't have any friends, I don't do anything except stay at home."
" You staying at home? Not a chance, alright? You are always out there, exploring and helping as many people as you can."
" But still... I'm-"
" You are perfect, Delilah, okay? Perfect."
" Okay, I get it, Peter... I understand it, okay?"
" Good." He hugged my side, smiling at me," Maybe you should try and make some friends, or a friend. Nikki is safe and healthy, you finally have some time to yourself."
" But I have to watch Nikki when my dads have meetings, or missions."
" Okay, but that's not all the time. Try, okay? For me."
" Okay, you win! I'll try and make a friend, okay?"
" Good!" He kissed my cheek multiple times, I squeaked and scrunched up my face, I hit at his shoulder, smiling at him." Okay, I've gotta get back to saving people. I'll try and come by later, okay?"
" Okay, bye." He smiled and walked away, I yawned and quickly finished up my food.

Once I got to Nikki's school, Uncle Thor was there already,
He said" Ah! My youngest friend, Nikki, how are you?"
Nikki said" Uncle Thor, stop it." I laughed, Nikki turned to me and ran to me, hugging me, I smiled and hugged him." Delilah, please get Uncle Thor before he does something bad, okay?"
I said" Uncle Thor, come on, you've gotta head to that meeting."
Uncle Thor said" Oh, correct, will you be home safe?"
" Yeah, we'll get home safe, tell our dads we'll see them before dinner, okay?"
" I will." He hugged us and walked away, I held Nikki's hand as we walked across the street.
" Okay, Nikki, we've gotta go to the store because Dad and Pops got called in early."
" Okay! Then we'll head home and play."
" Yep, here's a sandwich, eat it on the way." He took the sandwich, and we continued to walk to the store, I smiled at him.
We got to the store, I got a buggy, and Nikki ran around me, not straying to far away. I started getting the food we needed,
Nikki said" Ooh! Can we get cake?"
I said" No, we cannot get cake."
" Why not?" I smiled at him,
" Because it's easier just to buy ingredients and make a cake."
" Yay!"
" We'll bake when we get home after your homework."
" I don't have any today, it's friday, crazy!"
" Okay, okay, I get it, kiddo!"
" Hahaha!"
" Come on, Handsome, let's get the groceries we need and head on home, it's supposed to be storming later."
" Okay!" I yawned," Are you sleepy, Delilah?"
" Yeah, I'm a bit sleepy, but we got the rest of the day to have fun."
" Okay!" He smiled at me, then ran to get fruits, I sighed and grabbed the veggies we needed.
I was getting ingredients, Nikki was running up and down the isle crazily, it started storming like 3 minutes ago and we're stuck here till it ends. I yawned, closing my eyes for a second, then opened my eyes when I didn't hear Nikki's giggles. I looked down the isle and didn't see Nikki, I gasped then ran down and looked around, no, no, no!
I heard Nikki say" Hi, I'm Nicholas, what's your name?"
A guy said" I'm Alfie, where's your parents, kiddo?" I ran to the isle and saw Nikki talking to a teenage guy,

 I looked down the isle and didn't see Nikki, I gasped then ran down and looked around, no, no, no! I heard Nikki say" Hi, I'm Nicholas, what's your name?" A guy said" I'm Alfie, where's your parents, kiddo?" I ran to the isle and saw Nikki talkin...

I ran to Nikki and grabbed his shoulders, looking at him." You his mom?"
I said" Uh, no, his big sister. I'm sorry, he's curious about everyone, hasn't really learned about leaving strangers alone."
" It's fine, I'm Alfie, you are?"
" Delilah, uh... well, see you." Nikki looked at us,
He said" You should be friends, what school do you go to?" I blushed, I hate this little jerk!
Alfie said" Corlin's."
" That's the school she goes to! Gosh! Maybe you can be best friends! And then I can have someone to play video games with!"
" Yeah, maybe." He smiled at me, I smiled back," So, Delilah, wanna make your brother's dream come true?"
I said" Yeah, I guess so."
" Here's my number, text me sometime."
" Here's my number." We exchanged numbers and We walked away, I looked at Nikki. I lifted him up and put him into the buggy,
He said" Delilah, let me out!"
" You, Handsome, you're a little jerk, you know that?"
" No."
" Why'd you do that? And why'd you run away like that? I was worried."
" I'm sorry, I got bored."
" It's okay... you just scared me, you know not to leave my side."
" I know... I just wanted to explore."
" Okay, it's fine. Let's just get the rest of the stuff and head home, bake that cake and wait for dad and pops to get home for dinner."
" Okay, sis." I smiled, and ruffled his hair," Hey! Don't mess with my hair, it's my lady killer."
" Oh, my god! Stop now. Has Pops been telling you about the olden days?"
" Yeah! At bedtime."
" I'm gonna kill Pops, okay? Let's go, and never say lady killer again." He giggled, nodding his head, I smiled, sighing. This is what I have to deal with, just great...