Chapter 12

The power went out, I looked around the house, searching blindly for the flash light or my phone.
Handsome screamed" Sissy!"
I screamed" Hold on! Stay where you are, okay?!"
" I'm scared!" Then a giant boom of thunder happened, we both screamed bloody murder. I breathed heavily, trying to calm myself down, then I heard glass break,
" Nikki!"
" Delilah!"
" Okay, okay, okay... calm down! It's okay, calm down. What broke?"
" A window... it's really bad out there, Delilah!"
" It's okay, it's okay! It's just a storm, a simple storm." I heard the door break open, I ran to the front door, I pushed it shut and then pushed a desk against it.
" Delilah?!" I ran upstairs, and found him hiding under our dads' bed, I pulled him out and held him on my hip. The storm got worse, I groaned as the wind pushed me into the wall, breaking the windows. I looked outside, this can't be normal, this can't be normal. I ran to the windows, the storm was only getting stronger, I looked back at Nikki." Delilah?!"
" We gotta get out of here, Nikki, now! Grab your go-a-way bag." He grabbed his bag, I grabbed his wrist and ran to my room, grabbing my bag. We ran downstairs quickly, I pushed the pieces of furniture away, and opened the door.

It was pitch black, terrifying, I held tightly to Nikki's wrist, keeping my grip on him. I turned on the flash light and looked around, I heard alarms, sirens, it was all overwhelming. Nikki was scared to death, holding tightly to my arm, I rubbed his hair out of his face. I pushed through the weather, keeping him attached to me, I looked ahead, we need to find service and call our dads. Then I heard an explosion, I pulled Nikki down and covered him with my body. Once it stopped, I stood up, and lifted him up, I saw fire trucks then firemen. One of them ran up to us,
He asked" Kids, what're you doing out here?!"
I said" I need to get in touch with Tony Stark, where is there service?!"
" At the station. A block up!"
" Okay!" I pushed through the storm again, leading the now shivering Nikki through the storm.
Once we got to the station, I pulled out my phone, I called Friday,
I said" Friday! Connect to the intercoms!"
Friday said" On it, miss Delilah." I heard beeping," Connected."
" Dad! Pops! It's storming like cats and dogs, and the house is falling apart! We need major pick up at the station a block from our house."
Dad said" We're on the way! Don't worry, it's gonna be okay." The connection started getting worse, I whimpered," Delilah?!"
" Dad?! It's breaking up, uh..." then lightning struck, Nikki and I screamed again, I looked outside, and saw a person walking towards us, normally, I gulped," It's-It's not a storm... it's a villain! Dad, it's an enemy!" I put my phone in Nikki's back pocket, then grabbed his arm and ran through the station. I ran upstairs and to the roof, I found a little hidden vault, I looked at Nikki.
I whispered" Hide, now. I'll lead 'em away, you stay hidden until you hear the Stark Helicopter." Nikki nodded, then hid in the vault," Stay right here, and don't move." I clicked my watch, then anklet, trackers, I clicked Nikki's watch and necklace." You stay right here. No matter what you hear! Okay?!"
He said" Yeah." I nodded then closed the vault, I jumped down from the roof and the woman was clearer. She looked at me, then a really powerful wind storm started around me. I pushed through it and lifted up a piece of gravel, I threw it at her and it hit her. She fell back but didn't hit the ground, then she threw lightning at me, I yelped as it hit me, I fell to the ground. My body seizing, and shaking, everything went black...

Nikki's POV
I covered my ears and eyes, shaking violently, trying to figure out when Uncle Tony would be here.
After a while, I opened my eyes and peeked out, it was still storming but not like crazy. I saw the Stark helicopter, I pushed the vault door away and stood up, the helicopter landed on the ground. I ran to the roof's edge and jumped down to them, I landed in a superhero pose, I looked up as I saw my dad and pops get out of the helicopter.
I said" It was an enemy... Delilah's gone... she fought 'em." I stood up, looking at them," Uncle Tony, track her!" I started walking to them but my entire body hurt, I started falling, Uncle Sam caught me, lifting me up into his arms. He carried me to daddy, I went into his arms," Gotta find, sissy! Gotta find her, daddy, gotta find sissy!"

Steve's POV
Nikki said" Gotta find, sissy! Gotta find her, daddy, gotta find sissy!" He was past exhaustion, I could tell by the way his words slurred together and mumbled. I looked at Buck, he was staring off worried to death, I held Nikki with one arm, his head laying against my shoulder, his face pressed into my neck.
After a few minutes, I knew Nikki had fallen asleep,
I said" Tony start tracking her, Bucky go with them, I'll take Nikki back to Headquarters, get him checked out by Bruce."
Tony said" On it, Cap." Bucky rubbed Nikki's head, kissing it, I sighed, climbing back into the helicopter, I looked at Bucky.
" Bring our daughter home, Bucky."
He said" I will, Stevie. Don't worry." I nodded my head, he closed the doors and the copter took off.

Once we got to the headquarters, Natasha ran up to me,
She asked" Where's Delilah? Is he okay? Nikki?"
I answered" An enemy got her, but they're tracking her now, he's okay, I think. Where's Banner? I need him to scan Nikki to make sure he's okay."
" Inside, come on." We walked inside, I saw Bruce waiting for us," Bruce, can you scan Nikki to make sure he's okay?"
Bruce said" Yeah, here, give him to me." I put Nikki into his arms and he walked away, I looked out to the drive way.
" She's okay, Steve, she's brave."
I said" But it was so bad out there, whoever this is... they're strong."
" She's got superhuman genes, and obviously this isn't hydra, she can handle herself."
" Yeah, Tony's tracking her, so she'll be found soon."
" Yep, and I've sent out help to fix up your neighborhood. Peter is with Tony, helping."
" Okay, they'll find her, right?"
" Yes, they will. I know they will."