Chapter 10

Delilah Rogers-Barnes at 16 years old

I dodged a hit from a bad guy, then kicked under, he fell back and I crouched over him and punched him again, knocking him cold

I dodged a hit from a bad guy, then kicked under, he fell back and I crouched over him and punched him again, knocking him cold. I stood up then jumped onto the fire escape, climbing up it quickly then jumped onto the roof of a building. I jumped across the gap and landed on the other roof, I ran, jumping across gaps for a bit. I saw a woman struggling against three men, I jumped down and kicked one man in the face, knocking him out cold. I grabbed the other two men and slammed them into the wall, they passed out, I dropped them. I turned to the woman, she was crying,
I said" Call the police." She nodded, taking out her phone, I smirked then jumped to the fire escape, climbing up and running off.
I checked my phone and saw the time, shit! I've got school in the morning, well, in a few hours. It's 2am, I started running home, wiping off my mask and pulling my hair down. I got to my house and jumped up to my window, I climbed in, changing my clothes. I  walked Nikki's room, I opened the door and saw he was sleeping peacefully, I smiled, leaning against the door.

Uncle Sam was babysitting me, I was flipped over on the couch,
He said" Gonna watch the movie, Precious?"
I said" When're they gonna be home with the surprise, Uncle Sam?"
" Soon, I swear, just watch the movie and the time will go by way faster." I nodded, then turned my head and faced the tv, he chuckled, I threw my shoe at him." Ow!" I giggled," Super strength!"
" Sorry!"
" Ya little dork!" I giggled again, and he looked at me, then tickled my stomach. I laughed, he smiled at me and I turned to the tv again, watching Bolt.
After a few hours, the door opened, I smiled, saying" Daddy! Pops!" I jumped up, running to the door to see them holding something," What's that, Pops?"
Daddy asked" Remember what was on your Christmas list?"
" Uh... uh, uh... Bolt?"
" That wasn't a character."
" Oh! A baby brother, because then I have someone to protect like you protect each other."
" Well..." I jumped and climbed up the rope, and saw a baby, I squeaked then lost my grip. Pops caught me, looking at me and holding me on his hip, I looked at the baby. Daddy let me see it's face more," What do you think?"
" Mine!"
" Yours?"
" Yup!"
Pops said" You owe me $30."
" Huh?"
" Daddy and me placed a bet, I said you'd say he was yours."
" I want money, can I bet?"
" When you're older."
" Okay, I will." He kissed my head, I smiled and looked at my baby brother, smiling wider." What's his name?"
" Nicholas."
" Hi, Nikki." They smiled," I'mma protect you, from everything in the entire world."

I heard someone behind me, I turned my head and saw Pops, I smiled at him.
He asked" What're you doing up so late, doll?"
I answered" Woke up from a nightmare, decided to check on Nikki."
" Go back to bed, doll, or do you want a sleep over?" Nikki sat up,
He said" I'd like a sleep over." I laughed, looking at Pops, Pops ran over to him and lifted him over his shoulder." No! Help me, Delilah!"
I said" Handsome, even I don't have the strength of Pops." He giggled, Pops took my hand and we walked into their room. Pops threw Nikki onto the bed then lifted me up and threw me. I landed next to Nikki, he was giggling, I smiled, Dad pulled us to him, Pops got into bed.
Dad said" What are these two lunatic doing in our bed?"
Pops said" Delilah woke from a nightmare, Nikki just woke up."
" So sleep over?"
" Oh, yeah." I scooted over to Pops, Nikki laid his head on Dad's arm, curling up. I cuddled into Pops, closing my eyes," Always my girl."
Dad mumbled" Shut up, jerk."
" Quiet, punk."
I mumbled" If either of you old farts wake my baby, I'll kill you."
" She scares me sometimes, Steve."
" Hmm, I should." He kissed my head, smiling," Goodnight, old asses."
" Night, Doll."
Dad said" Night, sweetheart."