3

„My name is Jungkook.", he said and not even 5 seconds later his stomach growled. His face turned red and he hold his tummy with one of his hands. He looked so embarrassed, which made me chuckle. „Well Jungkook, how about some breakfast?" His eyes got bigger and he nodded slowly.

I actually don't know much about Hybrids. I know that they can turn into animals and back into human, well, human with animal features. Some Hybrids are living a normal life, they have jobs and family. Humans in the downtown area are more tolerant towards Hybrids, more than people who live in the village. So basically outside the city, people are afraid of Hybrids and therefore they even treat them differently. They think that Hybrids are dangerous, but it's actually not their fault. Some Hybrids are really dangerous, but I think in general they are not much different than human beings. Humans can be cruel too, of course they can. I mean some of them treat Hybrids like slaves or sex objects. And why? Because human can be bad and dangerous too. But thank god a lot of Hybrids live with nice people, they grow just like a family. I am happy for them, they also deserve to live a peaceful life.

I made some Pancakes with Nutella for Jungkook and me. I put the plates and something to drink on the table, and sat on the chair in front of him. I was extremely hungry and couldn't wait to finally eat something. Jungkook just looked at the food, while I was munching on my pancake. He looked kinda uncomfortable.

Maybe he doesn't like pancakes, or he hates Nutella. But who hates Nutella? No. He wouldn't dare.

„Jungkook? Could it be that you don't like pancakes?", I asked him carefully. He looked surprised and shook his head afterwards.

Oh god, don't tell me he really hates the Nutella!

„Then why aren't you eating?" He had a really sad look on his face. „My previous owner gave me first the permission to eat.", he mumbled. I frowned and stood up, just to take a seat on the chair next to him. I softly laid my hand on his shoulder and looked at his face. „Jungkook, first of all, I am not your new owner. I don't own you. You are a free person an-", he didn't let me finish my sentence. He looked so shocked, he grabbed my hands and fell on his knees. „Please Mommy, please don't send me away. I am sorry, I will behave, I do everything you want. I clean the house and make you food, I wash your clothes and you can hit me if you are mad, but please don't send me away." He was begging, his eyes squeezed shut.

I was shocked. I am pretty sure he is one of those Hybrids which were mistreated. I just remembered how he looked when I found him yesterday, he was dirty and a few spots on his fur were bold. I bet his previous owner abused him, the poor boy. I felt so bad for him.

„Jungkook. Kookie. Don't cry. Listen. I am never, ever gonna hit you. I don't know what happened to you, but I won't hurt you. I Promise. I won't send you away." He looked at me with his puffy eyes. „My apartment isn't big enough for two people, but if you accept my sofa as your new bed, then we can make a compromise." Suddenly he happily jumped up and down.

God what am I doing? I hope I won't regret my decision. I mean I don't even know him, I know nothing about him or his past. But a lot of people adopt Hybrids, so this shouldn't be a big deal. I guess.

„But under one condition!", I said with a serious tone. He stopped jumping and sat down on the chair again. „You have to tell me what exactly happened to you, I won't force you. I'll give you time, you can tell me if you feel ready. But be honest to me. Always. I can't stand lies."

He nodded and still looking at me with his big eyes. I gave him a reassuring smile, which made him relax.

„Ah, before I forget. Don't wait for my permission, you can eat whenever you want." He gave me a bunny smile and started eating afterwards. He looked very shy while eating, but I am glad he's eating at all.

„It was sooooo good Mommy, thank you very much." I laughed, I wasn't used to such a polite behavior. He even helped me with the cleaning, I think I can get used to it. „I am glad Kookie. Oh. Is it okay if I say Kookie? Or do you prefer Jungkook?", I asked him. „You can give me any name you want Mommy, I will like it, because you choose it.", he answered me, a smile formed on his lips and his cheeks got a light pink color. I really like his smile, it's beautiful, even his eyes are smiling.

„Kookie.. can you tell me why you're always calling me Mommy? My name is actually Raen, just by the way." I really wanted to ask him that. I felt my cheeks heating, it's weird if someone who's in my age, is calling me Mommy.

He dried his hands on the little towel next to the sink. His smile was gone and he looked kinda intimidated. „You said you are my Mommy when I was in my bunny form, I- I just thought.. You are so nice to me and you gave me food, you are lovely like a Mommy. I didn't wanted to insult you, I am so sorry." He sound so sad, just like a sad baby, why is he like this! I can't see him sad, I get sad too.

„No! You don't have to apologize, I was just curious! You can call me whatever you like, I am fine as long as you are." Like I said, I don't know much about Hybrids, maybe they call their owner always mommy or daddy. I don't know, I am not good at this. And I don't see myself as an owner, more as a friend? I don't know, this is so new to me. He can call me whatever he wants, as long as he is happy I guess.

Suddenly I felt two arms around my waist, Jungkook pulled me into a hug and buried his face into my neck. I felt his soft lips on my skin, which made me shiver. He really is something. „Thank you so much Mommy. You are the nicest person I've ever met.", he mumbled in a soft tone. „I couldn't believe at first that a human could be so nice, I was so scared when I met you. But after I bit you, -which I deeply apologize for-, you were still so nice to me. I knew if I let you go, I would make a big mistake. Thank you that you still took me to your place and gave me food, and even let me sleep on a real bed." His voice broke at the end and I could feel something wet on my neck, tears. He was crying again, but this time, I felt like crying too. He was so hurt, it made my heart ache.

Later

Jungkook was laying on the sofa with a big blanket on top of him. „I hope the sofa is okay." I smiled and pet his head. „It's more than I ever had, thank you.", he said and leaned on my touch, his eyes were closed. „Can.. can I ask you, where you were sleeping in the past?" I was really curious, cause he said something similar in the morning. He opened his eyes, his gaze wandering to the ceiling.
„I slept on the cold floor, it was actually more comfortable in my bunny form. I never even had a real place to sleep, it was always just the floor in the hallway.", he said in a sad and calm voice. „You know, she hated me the most, because I wasn't cute and small. I was bigger than the other Hybrids, I ate more and I wasn't good enough for her business. She said I didn't deserve a place to sleep, because I can't behave. I never imagined to sleep on a real sofa, it's so different.", he mumbled. „It's so soft."

I felt a tear running down my face, this boy makes me depressive I swear to god. His eyes were shut again and he snored lightly. He looked so innocent and small, how could someone treat him like that? He is such a sweet and polite person.

I caressed his black bunny ears and smiled lightly. He is beautiful as human and beautiful as a bunny. He looks so unique with his white fur and his black ears. He deserves to be loved, after such a hard time he went through.

I will be there for him.

I gave him a peck on the forehead and went to my bedroom, only to throw myself into my bed.