Chapter Three

Getting ready for the day that morning Ivy had no idea what to anticipate. Did Alex truly ask her out on a date? Where would she take him? Would things be weird? Or would conversation flow easily? Too many things preoccupied her mind as she made her way towards the arena once more.

Volunteering was already proving to be more fulfilling than she could have ever dreamed, and the tournament was just beginning. Skipping into the arena, she greeted everyone along the way with a smile.

"Good morning" she greeted Sara, who noticed her friends chipper attitude.

"Morning. Someone seems a little too happy for this hour of the day" Sara grinned, and Ivy blushed, before shrugging.

"Am I not allowed to smile?" She asked innocently, and Sara aggressively rolled her eyes.

"Oh, give that up" she snapped with a laugh. "All set for your date today?" She then asked, wriggling her eyebrows seductively.

"I don't know it's a date"

"Oh, get off that" Sara dismissed. "It's a date. You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it"

"Ok, sheesh" Ivy put her hands up on mock surrender. "Let's just get to work- what are we doing today, anything exciting?"

"Well, we've been asked to go down to the media area again today; I think a certain someone must have some say in that" she winked, Causing Ivy to blush once more.

"Let's get to it then" Ivy tried to distract herself from the raging thoughts that were consuming her mind.

"Earth to Ivy?" Sara waved in front of her friends face, but she seemed to be in a completely different place.

"Huh, What?" Ivy asked, shaking herself from her thoughts.

"I said- we better get going or we'll be late" Sara said again, but this time Ivy heard what she said.

"Oh, sorry" Ivy mumbled, knowing this morning was absolutely going to drag.

****

The game was over, and another win was in the books. Alex sat at his stall, and like Ivy, his thoughts were racing a million miles an hour. He was so stuck in his head he didn't even notice Nylander take a seat beside him.

"Excited for your date?" He asked, smiling brightly. Alex rolled his eyes, biting his lip.

"Hey, I was thinking..." he trailed off, unsure.

"Uh oh, that's not good" Elias Lindholm piped up from beside him, earning him a smack on the shoulder followed by a vicious side glare.

"Anyway, as I was saying. I've been thinking" he paused for dramatic affect.

"And?" William asked, eyebrows raised.

"Maybe it could be fun if we all went for a tour around?" Alex asked nervously.

"All of us? As in, the three of us?" William asked, rather confused.

"Yeah"

"I thought this was a date?" Elias asked, equally as confused as William was.

"I mean, it will be a date, just, you know" Alex stumbled over his words.

"No, we don't know- that's why we're asking" William rolled his eyes.

"I think it'd be a lot of fun, the three of us, plus Ivy and her friend" Alex tried to reason, but there was still confusion in their eyes.

"I mean, if that's what you want..." William trailed off, looking to Elias to gauge his reaction.

"It is- just trust me on this" Alex pressed, and finally William and Elias caved.

"Alright" Elias agreed. "Alright, we'll come"

"It'll be fun, I promise" Alex assured, and all he got in response was shrugs. "Oh come on, don't give me that"

"It's just- what if she expects this to be a date? And then the two of us show up along side you?" Elias questioned. Pursing his lips, William got up from his stall and made his way out to the media area, where he knew he would find Ivy and Sara.

"There's my two favourite volunteers" William greeted the pair with a wicked grin.

"There's our third favourite Swede" Sara replied, Ivy chuckling, and William looking to her with eyes wide with surprise.

"I'm only your third favourite?" William asked, in mock offence. "I mean, I think I know who your favourite is," he paused, pointing to Ivy. "But who's yours?" She asked Sara. Instantly, Sara blushed a deep red, and Ivy snickered from beside her.

"Lindholm" Ivy answered for Sara, who shot Ivy daggers.

"Really?" William arched an eyebrow in interest, thinking that maybe Alex's plan would work out after all. "It just so happens I have a proposal"

"A proposal?" Sara questioned. "We haven't even known each other that long" she giggled.

"Ha. I think he'll like your sense of humour" William stated.

"Who?" Sara asked.

"Elias" William replied with a shrug. "What do you say- maybe the three of us can join you and Alex on your escapade around town?"

"The three of us?" Sara asked, confused. "As in me, you and Elias?" She added, and William nodded in confirmation. She felt her cheeks flush once more, and she gripped Ivy's arm to stop herself from falling. Was this really happening?

"That sounds like it could be fun" Ivy piped up, and both Sara and William looked to her, wondering if she meant it.

"Are you sure? I mean I know you thought it was a date and-"

"It can still be a date" William cut Sara off. "Alex's words" he added in a quick whisper. "What do you say?"

"Like I said," she began slowly. "It sounds like it'll be fun. While you guys get ready, we'll plan out our day" Ivy smiled.

"Great- I'll see you in a bit" William waves as he disappeared back towards the dressing room. Immediately, Sara turned to Ivy.

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" Sara asked her, without William being around.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Ivy asked. "You and Elias, sitting in a tree" she sang, and Sara simply rolled her eyes.

"I mean, yeah I'm excited about it" Sara mumbled, unable to suppress a grin any longer. "Okay, I'm a lot excited" she finally squealed, and Ivy laughed. Sure, it may not be the one on one time with Alex she wanted, but who was to say that couldn't happen some time in the future? A group hang out was a lot less pressure, plus how lucky was she three members of the Swedish team wanted to hang out with her and Sara? With a smile, she continued to wait, her heart pounding; today was going to be amazing.