Letter 5

Sasuke had been walking for a couple of days now, under the unforgiving sun that's characteristic of the land of the wind. He had seen nothing since the cart had dropped him at the border. And he was almost out of water and rations.

"Go to the land of the wind, they said, Sunagakure sounds like a great idea, they said. Gaara will be happy to see you. Morons" Sasuke mocked under his breath, he was tired and hot and annoyed.

When suddenly, a red gate in the distance. Could it be? A village?

He went near it to make sure it was not his imagination.

"Thank god" he sighed with relief, it was not in his head, it was a real gate, a real village.

Finally.

He went through it and started seeing some houses along the road. Small houses made out of sand and clay, they all had that red kind of tint to them.

But there was no one outside.

Weird, he thought while curving his eyebrows.

He went up to one of the houses that had a sign for a tea house, but it appeared to be closed. "Hello? Is anybody around?" he asked in a loud voice.

No answer.

He had the feeling someone was watching him. He turned over to the house across the road, a window shot quickly.

"I'm not going to harm you, I just need water" he said, probably the people knew who he was and hid, or maybe they were afraid of something else.

Suddenly a soft voice came from behind him.

"Hi, young boy." an old lady was walking towards him with a jar full of water. He walked towards him slowly.

"Thanks" he said offering his canteen, the old lady poured all she could inside.

"Excuse everyone, we've had some very bad days around here" said the old woman.

"What's wrong? I can help, I'm a shinobi" Sasuke explained. He didn't know what made him want to help so bad, but t the end of the day, that was what he set out to do.

"Oh, goodness! Shinobis are precisely our problem." she cried "So...maybe you can help" she sighed relieved. "Everyone, you can come out. He says he wants to help!" the old lady yelled, and lots of people starting coming out from the houses.

A tall dark skinned man came towards them with a worried look.

"Some bastard shinobis have been coming to rob our food and money, saying they're war heros and they deserve it. Are you sure you can help?" he explained.

"Yes" he replied. "But, hasn't the Kazekage done something about this?" he added, but the man shook his head.

"This just started this week, we sent a hawk just two days ago, after the third time they came" the man explained. "I guess the police will arrive soon."

"You arrive like a blessing sent from heaven, boy" the old lady added.

"I'll help until the police arrives, don't worry" Sasuke replied.

"Saori" the tall man said while extending his hand to Sasuke.

"Sasuke" he replied and shook the man's hand.

"Thanks for helping" he thanked with a smile.

"And you can call me Grandma" the old lady laughed. "Please let me know if you need anything"

"Thank you" Sasuke replied with a bow.

"Ah, such a respectful boy" the old lady smiled.

"Everyone, let's try to return to our everyday activities, we have help today" Saori told everyone, they all replied with a big "yes" and started setting up their businesses.